Microsoft think point beware

So our laptop was hit this morning by a virus. My wife clicked on the wrong spot and I can not get into the operating system. As a matter of fact I can't get by this at all. It is supposed to be an antivirus software that clears all of those nasty bugs in your system. I have had 3 in the last year come on and do this. They come on and say they have scanned your computer and found trojans, malware and infected files. They then direct you to buy there software for $69.00 to clear it out.
I will now have to go buy a prepaid Visa debit card to get by this and get rid of it. I can't get by it.
Just a heads up ther folks.

Comments

• I had one of those awhile back, and buying their stuff won't solve it. It just gets worse later. I had a computer guy come and get rid of it.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    I had one of those awhile back, and buying their stuff won't solve it. It just gets worse later. I had a computer guy come and get rid of it.
    There is a little shop behind me actually. I took the laptop over to him and for 50.00 he will get rid of it and clean up the Hard Drive.
    There were 3 other people in with the same thing.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    There is a little shop behind me actually. I took the laptop over to him and for 50.00 he will get rid of it and clean up the Hard Drive.

sniff, sniff, you didn't even give me a shot at it?
  • What the hell are you doing on the internet? Get back to the tourney, or did Happy take you down, too?
  • Milo wrote: »
    What the hell are you doing on the internet? Get back to the tourney, or did Happy take you down, too?

You guessed it...

you will likely find instructions to remove the program cleanly from google. its usually step by step and may even have a removal tool that does it for you. thats really all the guy did for $50, prob took 2 mins to look it up and 10 mins to remove it.

the reason your antivirus program doesn't pick it up is because its malware not a virus. it just seems like a virus because it keeps saying trojan. the good news is it usually doesn't corrupt your hard drive files ....its just annoying.
  • darbday wrote: »
    you will likely find instructions to remove the program cleanly from google. its usually step by step and may even have a removal tool that does it for you. thats really all the guy did for $50, prob took 2 mins to look it up and 10 mins to remove it.

the reason your antivirus program doesn't pick it up is because its malware not a virus. it just seems like a virus because it keeps saying trojan. the good news is it usually doesn't corrupt your hard drive files ....its just annoying.
    I can't even get into the operating system. This guy has the equipment for this. Lucky it has not got into the desk top.
    I can't even get into the operating system. This guy has the equipment for this. Lucky it has not got into the desk top.

You don't need any equipment, just some knowledge. And it wouldn't get "into" your desktop cuz it isn't a virus as darb said. Likely was picked up from an infected website that ran a script, gave you the message that you were infected. You or somone using it clicked on the link and whammo, it installed on your system. Seen it 100 times or more. If you had merely shutdown your web browser without clicking on the link you would have been fine.
  • I recommend getting Microsoft Security Essentials.
  • kingkao86 wrote: »
    I recommend getting Microsoft Security Essentials.

I also recommend this product, however it nor any antivirus alone will touch this.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Seen it 100 times or more.

What haven't you seen this many times?

(because you're old)