Does this seem shady?

So...everyone remember the FTA receivers and how great they were..for awhile..

I get an email in my junk folder saying they work again...hmm..ok, I will look at this one..after going through the spiel of how they found away around it with a computer... they list the pkg options..
STEP 1: Choose from one of the two packages listed above.

STEP 2: Go to Western Union's web site by clicking here and choose "send money transfer online from" and select your country. You will then be transferred to the online money transfer form, and you may have to register at this point. If an option, choose Money in Minutes or Instant transfer at this point.

STEP 3: When it asks, input the payment receiver's details as follows:

First Name: Dan
Last Name: Malka
City: Boisbriand
State/Province: Quebec

STEP 4: Follow the prompts in order to complete payment and send money transfer to us. Optionally you might also want to call them to confirm that everything is completed successfully. If Western Union asks, please say you are purchasing "Collector Baseball Cards" from a seller you know personally.

I love the bolded part...lmao

Comments

• ummmm, you make the decision..

More Dirty on the Rip Off Artist

never send money via Western Union unless you personally know the receiver.
  • lol..yeah, but no thanks. I just loved the baseball cards.
  • how much money? I'm too trustworthy these days. If I buy tickets, etc. from someone online, I just send them a cheque in the mail, no questions asked. I figure, if they are that hard up for the money, and want to rip me off, so be it. I have never had a problem. You can usually tell if someone is a scammer. If they send you their home address, and work email address, etc., then you probably can trust them. If its all PO Box and gmail, etc, alarm bells start to go off.
  • I'm kind of curious about the details of how they "fixed" the FTA receivers. Could you copy and paste the info they sent you about that please?

After I read that, I know some people who used to supply receivers and programmers and stuff. I'll ask if they think it's legit and let you know. It would be really nice to have free UFC's again!

As for the money transfer, seems like a pretty easy way to say goodbye to your money, but if it's a smallish amount...maybe worth the risk.

sstar
  • I deleted the email, but it sounded like it was some sort of "dongle"? that went to your computer..

My original Bell hack was that way...the card was connected to my computer which ran a bunch of numbers continuously. That worked great until one day I came home and some strange van was parked in my driveway...dude comes out and introduces himself from radio Canada or something to that effect. Right off asked me if I had a hacked system..lol. Apparently the system created some frequency jam that the cops couldn't use their radios anywhere near my place...That was the end of that system...then the chipped cards..finally the FTAs

Would be nice if there was a legit. fix for the FTAs.