Poker challenges

hey guys, I had to do a blog project for school so I picked poker for my blog subject, more specifically poker challenges. I'm currently trying to do a poker challenge myself where I'm trying to turn 0$ into $1000. Currently on day 33 and have around $30. Just wondering if you guys could gimme some helpful tips or ideas that I can put up on my blog. Also, I get marked on how many visits/ ad clicks I get so if you could visit my site it'd help out. tarcher86.blogspot.com

Hey everyone I'm new to this site... kinda new to online poker... mostly just played play money games. Had to do a blog for an internet marketing class so I did a poker challenge blog and thought I'd come here for some ideas for blog posts... If you wanna keep updated on my poker challenge go to tarcher86.blogspot.com

Comments

• New member who is asking people to goto his link and click on his ads in his first post..

I can see this going over well.
  • Not only that but he's from Barrie! Go get im Phill...
  • whats wrong with asking for help on a school project? I didnt just ask for you to go to my site ad click my ads... I asked for ideas on blog posts.... I'm only a new member because I dont play online poker normally...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Not only that but he's from Barrie! Go get im Phill...

:biggrin2:
  • DeViLBoY wrote: »
    whats wrong with asking for help on a school project? I didnt just ask for you to go to my site ad click my ads... I asked for ideas on blog posts.... I'm only a new member because I dont play online poker normally...

chenpalm.jpg
  • wow... thanks for the help... you sure u guys r from canada cuz u'r acting like a bunch of americans....
  • Combined two threads, please do not crosspost... as per rules..
  • what do you guys feel is the best tourney to use ur FTP points on? What gives you ur best bang for your buck? I only make like 5-10 points a day so its gotta be one of the lower tournies... I was thinking either the 60 FTP daily dollar sng tourney or the 50 FTP BLT multi table tourney...
  • Welcome to the site!

I think anything you can super satellite into the 26 buck token tourneys is a good thing. 26 buck tourneys are minefields, but fun.
  • your talking about the 50 ftp tourney where 5 26$ tokens our givin out rite? Can you turn that ticket into tourney dollars? Or do you have to use it on a 26 dollar tourney only?
  • You should try the full tilt poker academy and make ftp points that way. Sick brag being able to write about poker for school these day. The crap that we used to have to do reports on.
  • Not sure bout this but you cannot earn FTPs in the academy? You earn FTPAs which are academy points which you can only use in the full tilt poker academy store rite?

I'm already signed up for the academy and for the iron man stuff though so I'm currently earning bonuses through both those methods.. like I got an entry in the one a day 2000$ free roll and I've also won tourney entries through the academy...
  • oh ya... we still gotta do crappy reports too for school... I got a essay where I gotta compare and contrast between B2B and B2C web sites... yawn
  • does ur project actually get marks for getting clicks on ads? the teacher asks for adsense reports in turn for grades?

does ur teacher dock points for typing 'ur' instead of "you're" or "your"?

"I got a essay where I gotta compare"

I've got AN eassy, I have to compare

ur doomed for ur projekt. I would imagine, even in marketing that knowing the difference between its and it's is an asset. What grade is this for?

Tell me more about this school project. Was it to pick anything at all and bonus points for adsense revenue? Does ur teacher own shares in GOOG?
  • lol, well I don't really check over my forum posts or blog posts for punctuation and spelling because we're not getting marked on our website content but the way our website is marketed. Not sure how it will be marked exactly but from my understanding is we'll use our adsense reports and site views to determine how successful our marketing efforts were. We're not given "bonus marks" based on our ad revenue, the meat of the mark is based on our ad revenue/ views.
  • by the way, are there any pokerforum tourneys on full tilt poker? All the ones I see are on pokerstars.
  • just a quick update on my challenge... i cracked the 50$ mark and am now at 50.89... also won a ticket to the BLT tourney this weekend on full tilt... anyone else gonna be there??
  • seriously people... here is a tip for those of u who play the small stakes... play the 55 cent mult table BLT satelitte on full tilt. They give out 20 BLT entries based on a 88 person entry. So you almost have a 4 to 1 chance of winning... I've played in 16 of them and won 9 for a RoI of over 100%
  • What do you guys think bout my new blog title, "Poker in The Back"?!?!?
  • So how much have you made on the ad clicks er I mean how high is your grade so far?
  • $13.13 on ad clicks.... I got one of the higher alexa rankings/ page views in my class though.... just not getting the ad clicks...
  • I like how you guys all think I'm in it for the money.... I'm up 13 dollars after 2 months... it aint for money its for school....trust me..
  • Project finished - presented today and I did alrite in terms of ad revenue compared to my class mates...

Now that I dont need to kiss ass anymore you guys can all go fuck yourselves... WTF kinda canadians are you... only DennisG posted anythin worth readin in this thread... I posted up this thing on punterslounge which is a BRITISH poker site and they helped and supported me but you fucks didnt... Brits are more helpful than canadians now? I hope you fuckers die... worst ran site ever...
    Project finished - presented today and I did alrite in terms of ad revenue compared to my class mates...

Now that I dont need to kiss ass anymore you guys can all go fuck yourselves... WTF kinda canadians are you... only DennisG posted anythin worth readin in this thread... I posted up this thing on punterslounge which is a BRITISH poker site and they helped and supported me but you fucks didnt... Brits are more helpful than canadians now? I hope you fuckers die... worst ran site ever...
    Flunked huh? Worst poster ever!
    I like how you guys all think I'm in it for the money.... I'm up 13 dollars after 2 months... it aint for money its for school....trust me..

HU4rollz :D
  • I think I speak for everyone when I say we would have gave a crap if you did. Post anything outside of this thread? Try to get any help on specific hands? Do anything poker related outside of trying to get a grade (which apparently you didn't even get that)?

Have a nice life. I'm sure you'll be serving us all french fries at some point :)