LogMeIn123 Scam!

Be aware of this! It has started to be reported in Canada.

LogMeIn.com is a legitimate remote support website which I use and heartily endorse but LogMeIn123 is not. These scammers use the LogMeIn service to get you to remotely let them login to your PC and then who knows....

logmein123 scam: received a call saying my antivirus was corrupted

Comments

• who?

Is this like a seperate website or a log in service that legit websites use?
  • philliivey wrote: »
    who?

Is this like a seperate website or a log in service that legit websites use?

Read the link.... I can't type fast...

Another, almost funny article about this.

Fake tech support call scam – supportonclick, systemrecure and logmein123.com | digitaltoast

If it wasn't so possibly serious and damaging I would laugh...

The real site..

https://secure.logmein.com/CA-EN/

This is where the scammers will guide you. Once the scammers get you to type in the code they give you, all bets are off.

https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/Customer/Code.aspx
  • Me no clicky links.:)

Considering I have never heard of them, I am safe.
  • I use logmein and it's great.
    Thx for the HU jeff
    Me no clicky links.:)

Considering I have never heard of them, I am safe.
    If you had read the details you would realize this is a quite sophisticated scam. It's not from clicking on links but rather begins with a phone call purporting to be from Microsoft or some other well known IT company who tell you your pc has been compromised...
    Hobbes wrote: »
    I use logmein and it's great.
    Thx for the HU jeff

Keep in mind that this scam doesn't depend on whether or not you use logmein yourself, merely that they use logmein as their scam tool. They could use any other remote login tool equally well.
  • Forget it, not going to argue..........
    If you just answered the question, why start a helpful thread then say I am not helping......

Philli, I'm not spending a couple of hours typing in what the details are in the links. Take my advice or not, I don't care. However quit complaining....

Oh and nice edit.... :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Philli, I'm not spending a couple of hours typing in what the details are in the links. Take my advice or not, I don't care. However quit complaining....

Oh and nice edit.... :)

:).

ummmmmm, not complaining, I was asking for more info which i am sure many wanted to know and thinking.
    :).

ummmmmm, not complaining, I was asking for more info which i am sure many wanted to know and thinking.

What more info would you like? Did you read the links? If not GTFO...
    Or if you did read and still have a question, by all means ask.
  • i also use logmein daily, love it. I've used teamviewer before and they too are good.
  • Old-Sloth wrote: »
    i also use logmein daily, love it. I've used teamviewer before and they too are good.

Absolutely Sloth, both great products...