Fallsview poker classic satellites

FALLSVIEW POKER CLASSIC
JAN 6-11 2011.
$1000.00 event. Thurs Jan 6th 12 pm Start.
Day Fri Jan 7th 12 pm Start

2 table satellites 20 people ( MUST BE FULL TO RUN )
Sat Nov 27th Noon Start at HVEE's
$150.00 PER PLAYER
1st 1 seat in the $1000.00 event + 50%
2nd 1 seat in the $1000.oo event + 30%
3rd 20%
Equity to be discussed prior to start.
5000.00 starting chips Blinds increase every 25 mins.

BLIND STRUCTURE
RD SB BB
1. 25 50
2. 50 100
3. 75 150
4. 100 200
5. 150 300
6. 200 400
7 300 600
8. 400 800
9. 500 1000
10. 600 1200
11. 700 1400
12. 800 1600
13. 900 1800
14. 1000 2000
15. 1500 3000 BLINDS CONTINUE TO INCREASE 500 1000 EACH RD

1. HVEE
2. WETTS
3. PJB101
4. PJB +1
5. PJB +2
6. THE_GAME

A SECOND SATTY WILL RUN AT 7:30 PM SAME STRUCTURE.

1. HVEE
2. WETTS
3. PJB101
4. PJB + 1
5. PJB + 2
6. THE_GAME

WAIT LIST SAT 1 SAT 2

Comments

• 3,000 starting chips? seems like a crap shoot. Might want to consider increasing the starting chips to get more interest. The extra $1k goes to the top three?
  • If i'm not in BC i'll prob come play this. Not interested if its an equity tournament > 10%. I think a 6hr satellite structure would be ideal, that way you can get the next one started in good time.
  • actyper wrote: »
    If i'm not in BC i'll prob come play this. Not interested if its an equity tournament > 10%. I think a 6hr satellite structure would be ideal, that way you can get the next one started in good time.
    That's what I am trying to do. Probably increase to 5k
    and yes the top 2 get the seats. 500 1st 300 2nd 200 3rd

I would like to get 2 in and then a couple of weeks later maybe do 2 more. 1 1000 1nd 1 for the 2500 event.

Upped start stack to 5 k and added 5 mins to blinds.
  • In Plus 2
  • In for a double satty.

I think the structure can be changed a bit, but Im in.

Either that or double the buyin and award 2 seats.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    In for a double satty.

I think the structure can be changed a bit, but Im in.

Either that or double the buyin and award 2 seats.
    In for BOTH? I knew I would hear from you.... lol
    I may make a couple more small changes.
    It made sense to run 2 on the same day.
  • pjb101 wrote: »
    In Plus 2
    Both or which one Phil?
  • Just to answer questions I know may be coming.
    Sattty's are designed to last hopefully 6 hrs. Yes the Blind Structure may change.
    Compared to Fallsview :
    Fallsview Satty's
    15 min blinds $120.00 10 players 1500 starting chips.
    Bingo Bananza IMO.
    1 seat NO MONEY.

My Game is 2 tables 5 k starting chips 25 min blinds.
    2 seats to be awarded .
    1st and 2nd will get the seats and cash
    seat bubble will get their entry + $50 back.
    Same for second game of day.

Vouchers for seats will be available to be picked up from me On Sunday after 2pm. I will go to fallsview and pick them up Sunday AM.
    I am not going to force the equity angle. We can talk about it but all 20 players have to be in agreement on %

If the final 3 or 4 want to chop the pot (FINE) We will play to the final 2.
    If the seat winners want to enter into an equity agreement that's fine too.
  • Just like every single year since the first WPT event in 2006, it will be very difficult to get enough forum members to play in a +EV rake-free satellite while there will be hundreds of gamboolers at Fallsview wasting their money on the high-rake crapshoots. I am pretty flexible with the equity % since I know that there is at least an 80% chance that it will be somebody else winning the satellite, but if players like actyper will commit to playing only if the equity is 10%, then I suggest making it 10%.

My other suggestion is to simulate the actual event as much as possible for each of your satellites, e.g., same starting stack and rules as the $1K event. The blind length can be adjusted so that it will finish in six hours. For example, several players that participated in forumer PIRANHA's rake-free simulations went on to cash in the main events.
    actyper wrote: »
    Not interested if its an equity tournament > 10%.
  • hmmm not 100% yet... keep me down for both for now, I'll let you know for sure by this weekend... if thats ok, for sure I am playing one tourny with 2 people of mine... hopefully both... i'l get back to you soon!
  • I am heading for Fallsview on Tuesday. Probably sit down and play some 2/5 . I will find out # of seats available and structure of tournament and then post it here when I get back.
    If this goes well I will probably do another satellite 2 weeks after for the 25oo event .
    My goal here is to keep the cost down and give the players some extra incentive to come out.
  • Yea I dont think you can buy the vouchers for people other than yourself, at least you couldnt last year. So I dont think you'll be able to pick them up and give them away the day of.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Yea I dont think you can buy the vouchers for people other than yourself, at least you couldnt last year. So I dont think you'll be able to pick them up and give them away the day of.
    I will find out Tuesday. If not then I will have to come up with an alterate plan which will be give the winners the cash and they can go do the BUY IN Themselves.

These should be transferrable. At least they were for WPT.
  • Last year the vouchers had no name on it. Meaning you can transfer them to anyone
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Last year the vouchers had no name on it. Meaning you can transfer them to anyone

correct. I held a satty for the buddies and went and bought the voucher for whomever won. Hand 'em 1k and they hand you a voucher with no name on it
  • So I should be able to go and get 4 NP? I will check just to make sure.
    Let you all know on Tuesday unless I get into one of my classic 16 hr GOOD RUNS.. Then it will be Wednesday..After I regain consciencness or whatever.
  • You are running this on the same weekend of the Windsor nothing to hide tournament.

I also think you should follow the same blind structure of the actual tournament
  • if I enter and win, can I use the proceeds for a $1k event in the Bahamas with the same equity %? as I will be away during the Fallsview tournaments which happen right before the EPT Bahamas events.

btw, anyone running a satellite to the GBH $1k in December? Thanks.
  • Count me IN for both. 100%. hopefully we get enough players to run this.
    I tried couple of times to run rake free SAT but not enough players.

You should get those who are interested commit earlier. by Collecting their cash in advance.

I am down for that.
    You are running this on the same weekend of the Windsor nothing to hide tournament.

I also think you should follow the same blind structure of the actual tournament
    I was going to go to Windsor but decided to play a couple of closer tourneys including the 1k Classic.
    Thought since it's closer more would be interested. Still have a month .
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    if I enter and win, can I use the proceeds for a $1k event in the Bahamas with the same equity %? as I will be away during the Fallsview tournaments which happen right before the EPT Bahamas events.

btw, anyone running a satellite to the GBH $1k in December? Thanks.
    1st of all you have to win..
    2nd No agreement of equity has been agreed upon. That will be decided before we all sit down.
    3rd. Since we live in a democratic society. everyone gets a vote if they will let this happen.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    1st of all you have to win..
    2nd No agreement of equity has been agreed upon. That will be decided before we all sit down.
    3rd. Since we live in a democratic society. everyone gets a vote if they will let this happen.

ok, but its a long drive to find out its equity for Fallsview only.
  • The_Game wrote: »
    You should get those who are interested commit earlier by Collecting their cash in advance.

The_Game is alive? Musta been hibernating a couple of weekends ago :-[
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    ok, but its a long drive to find out its equity for Fallsview only.
    I realize this but ,I prefer that everyone playing has a say. Other than that I wouldn't care.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    The_Game is alive? Musta been hibernating a couple of weekends ago :-[
    YEAH.. The only thing I am going to ask is that if something happens and you can't make it at leat give me a heads up if Possible the night before or a couple of hours before so I can get the seat filled. :)
    You are running this on the same weekend of the Windsor nothing to hide tournament.

As soon as I get the info I will try yo make it as close as possible.
  • ok, I will wait for a satellite to an event I know I can play. Thanks for organizing these.
  • sorry am i missing something here, what happen couple of weekends ago?
  • The_Game wrote: »
    sorry am i missing something here, what happen couple of weekends ago?

I think you were supposed to be at Mudguts's place for the 16 player HU tourney?
  • I am sorry about this, Completely forgot, I been busy with studying. again I am very sorry Mudgutts and others.