Election Day

Get your asses out to vote today folks (in Ontario). We have the privilege of getting to choose our political overlords in this country, and if you don't vote, don't complain later.

And, lest you think that one vote matters for little, the Mayoralty race in Oakville was decided by 6 votes last time around, and 32 the time before that. So, perform your Civic duty and pick the people you're going to bitch about tomorrow . . . >:D

Comments

• lol, I am just interested in seeing if my family member gets in.........
  • Did you ask the neighbour to post a lawn sign? :D

Better yet, you should have put up a sign for the person you want to lose, and see if she votes against just to "screw" you . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Did you ask the neighbour to post a lawn sign? :D

Better yet, you should have put up a sign for the person you want to lose, and see if she votes against just to "screw" you . . .

hahaha
  • Not sure what's harder to stomach ...
    the KFC Double Down or our selection of candidates.

Anyways I can now bitch and complain ...
  • meh...municipal elections.

Poke me when it's time to vote out Dalton McGuinty....
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    meh...municipal elections.

Poke me when it's time to vote out Dalton McGuinty....
    DON'T GET ME STARTED, On that 2 faced lying sack of DOG POO. LMAO
    This is Next November I believe.....
  • not that im voting or anything, but on the edge they said ur employer is supposed to give u 3 hrs paid to go vote. anyone luck out with this? I certainly did not...
  • reibs wrote: »
    not that im voting or anything, but on the edge they said ur employer is supposed to give u 3 hrs paid to go vote. anyone luck out with this? I certainly did not...

Voting in New Hamburg is -EV.

I was always under the impression that the paid time off was an American policy not Canadian, but I could be wrong.
    not that im voting or anything, but on the edge they said ur employer is supposed to give u 3 hrs paid to go vote. anyone luck out with this? I certainly did not...

No you must have 3 consecutive hours to vote. This would only apply if you are working a strange shift since the polls are open 10am - 8pm.

I used to work a 10-6 shift when I was with the MNR in which case they would have to allow me to leave at 5pm (not sure about the pay thing though)

The law states your employer cannot prevent you from voting. You have to be able to have three hours available to you to cast your ballot. Your employer does not have to pay you, however. So, if you work a 12 hour shift (7-7:00p.m., say), your employer would have to let you out at 5:00, if you asked for it off.

Dammit, Hobbes, stop that.
  • ROB FORD has been elected as Mayor of Toronto...
  • oh oh, the Aunt is losing by 2 percent so far,lol only 1 person and her in her ward running.

Still early but the turnout to vote looks pathetic here,lololol, but interested to see the numbers
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    ROB FORD has been elected as Mayor of Toronto...

EMS will be busy tonight with all the lefties out on ledges . . .

Sweeeeeeet . . .
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    DON'T GET ME STARTED, On that 2 faced lying sack of DOG POO. LMAO
    This is Next November I believe.....

Fail=Thinking that the next guy won't be a 2 faced lying sack of Dog Poo....

I do understand your comment. If you're going to get fucked in the ass you might as well have some variety.
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Fail=Thinking that the next guy won't be a 2 faced lying sack of Dog Poo....

I do understand your comment. If you're going to get fucked in the ass you might as well have some variety.
    They could at least kiss us before they dry hump us.
  • KRANTZ is back in In Milton.
    Guess he was able to add enough to his buy me a beer at the legion entourage.
  • So the family member won and got elected, Barrie will never be the same yet again:wink2:.

Orillia got big numbers to come out and vote, not sure what the percentage was here.
  • HEY EVERYBODY !!! Philli has an in at City Hall !!!

LEGALIZE POKER CLUBS, PHILLI !!! Make it happen!!!
  • Milo wrote: »
    HEY EVERYBODY !!! Philli has an in at City Hall !!!

LEGALIZE POKER CLUBS, PHILLI !!! Make it happen!!!

hahahahaha, good idea Milo! Ivey's poker den could be a good name, but so many possibilities!