Headphones

Well it looks like I will be in the market for some new ones since I couldn't control my rage last night (My own stupid mistake). So, anyone got any recommendations? I use them religously between work and poker, so I am not afraid of spending a little bit on them as long as they will survive normal abuse for a few years.

Sound quality is important, but comfort is even more important for me.

Corded vs Cordless is one debate I need to figure out. Most or all of the time I could use corded ones without it tilting me too bad, and I have heard the cordless ones are not as great of sound quality.

Oh, and I definitely do NOT want earbuds or any of the sort. I specifically want something that sits on or over my ears.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Can't go wrong with Bose
  • HDJ-1000's ... Costly, but they'll last a lifetime, they're also pretty sexy.
  • HDJ-1000's ... Costly, but they'll last a lifetime, they're also pretty sexy.

Look really cool, but the reviews on Amazon are not too convincing. DJs that baby their equipment are claiming they break after using them for 6 months is common. Do you own these? How long have you owned them?
  • since I was 16, so... 8 years now... Still holding, the top padding is worn out and electrical taped but thats about it
  • better sound than sony mdrv 700's... On Par with Sennheiser brand of equal value.
  • Beats by Dr. Dre or if you have an ipod/iphone the headphones that come with them are great. I have the ear buds for Beats by Dr. Dre and their the best ear buds I ever bought.
  • Ok thanks Nones, I will def keep these in mind. They seem reasonably priced and decent enough in the sound quality dept. Just worried about them breaking on me as my current Sony MDR-V300s broke at the swivel part early in their life also. But if you say you have had them for that long, I will take your word for it.

Anyone have experience with Bose Headphones? I'm not exactly an audio expert, but I know enough to know you can't go wrong with Bose too often. I guess Im more wondering about wear and tear on the Bose's after using them a while. Anyone?
  • Bose are great quality. Only reason for me not buying Bose is the high price.

2 best headphones to me are Beats by Dr. Dre (buds or headphones) and Bose.
  • Icedog wrote: »
    Beats by Dr. Dre or if you have an ipod/iphone the headphones that come with them are great. I have the ear buds for Beats by Dr. Dre and their the best ear buds I ever bought.

As someone whos had both, Beats by Dre are the nuts, and its not close.

You will not regret (Full head set, have not tried the buds)
  • I have a pair of Nixon Masterblasters....love them.

Amazon.com: Nixon Master Blaster Headphones: Sports & Outdoors

The review that guy has on there I don't really agree with..I love the detachable volume cord ( it doesn't come out easily ) and I love the volume adjustment on the side..they are comfortable and they sound good..I listen to them constantly..

I also used to sell WESC and Skullcandy headphones and Nixon is superior to either of those..I have a friend who is a DJ and recently switched from the Sony MDR series to the Nixons and says he said the sound is as good to him but likes the look/functionality of the Nixons way more.
  • reibs wrote: »
    Ok thanks Nones, I will def keep these in mind. They seem reasonably priced and decent enough in the sound quality dept. Just worried about them breaking on me as my current Sony MDR-V300s broke at the swivel part early in their life also. But if you say you have had them for that long, I will take your word for it.

Anyone have experience with Bose Headphones? I'm not exactly an audio expert, but I know enough to know you can't go wrong with Bose too often. I guess Im more wondering about wear and tear on the Bose's after using them a while. Anyone?

Actually the swivel part on the mdrv 700's were the problematic part(s) as well. I wasn't a fan of them myself a lot of djs/audio junkies found them to have too much high end, which in the long run is pretty bad on the ears. I leaned toward the Pioneer because it had more of a deep/punchy sounding low-end. Your call though, I imagine they are a lot cheaper than when I bought them (Mine were 390 back in the day)

*** edit: Plus, how can you not find them sexy?
  • reibs wrote: »

The studio version retail for around 400 here. I picked mine up in Buffalo for 300ish and would do it again.
  • One feature I really like is noise cancellation.

I have the panasonic and the Koss noise cancellation headphones.

Neither of them deliver top end audiophile sound but they are great in the car/train/plane.
  • I tried the Bose QC at bestbuy recently when in the market for headphones. They were amazing. I ended up with a cheaper pair of Sony buds that were on sale as I don't use headphones much, but if I did I would either go with the Beats by dr. dre or the Bose QC series.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    The studio version retail for around 400 here. I picked mine up in Buffalo for 300ish and would do it again.

Sudio $300. Today only.

Hot Deals ? Red Hot Deal of the Day
  • ur lucky u only lost a pair of headphones to rage... I gotta buy a new door...lol