is it worth it to join now?

35k guarantee on ftp. Been running for 55 minutes. Chip leader has 18k, average is 3,900. Starting stack is 3k. It seems silly as anything can happen, but I am trying to decide if it's just to late to join a game like this. Starting off, the blinds are big and you're below average to start. 1st is 9k.

what are your thoughts?

Comments

• Blinds are what 40/80? Definately worth it to join late
  • Your too late to reg.:p
  • The one I like is the $15K, 7pm, super stack... cept it goes to like 4-5am...
  • But you only have to worry about that if you win, so you've got no issue :o
  • I really really don't see how it makes a difference <.<

If you say you're gonna start below average I can go the other direction and say "omg, people have busted. This tournament has an overlay :o
  • I love entering tournaments late into the late registration period to work on my shove/fold MTT skills during later stages of a tournament.

If the blinds are indeed 40/80, and the ave. stacks are only 3900, I'd say go, go, go!!
  • don't you guys think it's a disadvantage to miss an hour's worth of hands? I find that if a tourny has been running longer then 10 mins I don't join....

Also I go with the theory, "there's allways a game going, I dont need to play this right now."
  • Actually I've found that if the tourney is in the first half hour and it's not turbo, joining is still worthwhile. You don't play any different and if it's within your buy-in limits and you don't want to wait for another tourney to start it's not any harder to money.
  • 30-35 BB is my limit, I'll register as long as I can use my chips however I want with a stack like that
  • I typically only join late (as I hate late reg.) if I can still be close to average stack when I start. That being said..I will join some 3-5 buck donkaments late just to play short stacked for practice.