SNG/MTT vs Ring

Like I have said in earlier posts, I am fairly young in terms of poker experience, but I have a huge desire to learn to the game and I feel I am a realist in terms of where I am at / where I could be playing poker. I don't ever expect to make a sick living from playing poker, but I would like to make a nice side income one day (somewhere in the range of 15-30k a year would be great and hopefully in the next 4-7 years) playing online poker, I am at a stage though where I don't know if I should pursue tournaments/SNGs or playing ring games eventually being profitable at 1/2 or maybe grinding upto 3/6.

I am not asking anyones opinion on whether or not this is a realistic goal, I know myself and I know that it will be hard but that I could one day perhaps reach this goal with hard work, and dedication to studying/playing to improve my game.

I am asking what is the more plausible course to delve into? Is it possible to do both well ? For players that are doing one or the other, what is your advice on how to pursue that path?

Comments