P* connection problems last few days?

Anyone else having problems? Last couple of days the stupid thing has been dumping me. I have it running now while not even playing and every now and again it flashes at me that it has to reconnect.

No, I do not play with dial up either. Cable.

Comments

• Anyone else having problems? Last couple of days the stupid thing has been dumping me. I have it running now while not even playing and every now and again it flashes at me that it has to reconnect.

I have this same problem, almost always with stars. I never have any issues with ftp.

This is basically exactly the opposite of what you will see on any online forum.
  • Anyone else having problems? Last couple of days the stupid thing has been dumping me. I have it running now while not even playing and every now and again it flashes at me that it has to reconnect.

Did you pay your bill?

:) Just kidding. OK, try going to speedtest.net and run the speedtests. It actually runs a latency test first. Let me know what you see. If you run it multiple times the numbers should remain fairly consistant.

After you run that further down the page is a ping test, run that as well and let me know the results..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Did you pay your bill?

:) Just kidding. OK, try going to speedtest.net and run the speedtests. It actually runs a latency test first. Let me know what you see. If you run it multiple times the numbers should remain fairly consistant.

After you run that further down the page is a ping test, run that as well and let me know the results..

Installing now. Will post results.
  • Are you logged in or observing

I had full tilt open today but not logged in, after about ten minutes a small box came up and said due to inactivity full tilt will close(or something like that), maybe stars the same way.

But 1st I seen that mind you.
    Did you pay your bill?

Holy crap this software wants me to register and let it do a bunch of stuff. I hate it when they want you to let it do this stuff.
  • You don't have to register, there's just lots of advertisements on the page, don't click on them.
  • Ok, obviously I was doing something wrong or installed something completely different. I have to remember to not try this stuff when I'm rushed. The info I got from speedtest.net is:

988206728.png
  • That's really low.. This is cable? Usually cable is minimum 3 download...

Try the ping tests on the lower right...
    That's really low.. This is cable? Usually cable is minimum 3 download...

Try the ping tests on the lower right...

Yup, Kincardine Cable. Just bought out by Rogers a while back.

Ping tests:
    25937755.png

Heading out for a dog spin.. brb.
  • Here's what mine looks like...
  • I don't have connection issues but I can't get any pokerstars.com webpages to load. WTF?
  • Well it's not great but not horrible either... The jitter is kind of high and may be contributing to it but not sure... I really don't have any disconnects with Stars but I don't play anywhere near the volume most on here do... like maybe 4-5 hrs a week...
    Well it's not great but not horrible either... The jitter is kind of high and may be contributing to it but not sure... I really don't have any disconnects with Stars but I don't play anywhere near the volume most on here do... like maybe 4-5 hrs a week...

I'm about the same volume as you Comp.

It's usually great, but last few days have been brutal. Just as I got back in the door I noticed the tv pixelating too (digital hd). Probably just a temporary thing. At the (damn special stupid I got my ass kicked) forum tourney tonight) I didn't get any disconnects.

Anyhoo, thanks for geeking out with me for a bit Comp. All my geeking out buddies got left behind in Vancouver when I left, and the gf is a mac person. I'm sure you understand...

At the end of the day I guess there's not much I can do about it anyways.
  • You may want to question your provider as those are real low speeds for cable. Not familiar in your area though. Is there someone else there you can get to check who uses same cable to see if they get same speeds?
  • Wow, just got this rating:
    988235230.png

and:
    25939084.png

My assumption is that small town cable companies are probably just buying bandwidth off larger ones but this appears to suck quite badly.
    You may want to question your provider as those are real low speeds for cable. Not familiar in your area though. Is there someone else there you can get to check who uses same cable to see if they get same speeds?

Will do Comp. Anything I can do from my end if they get different results?
  • Will do Comp. Anything I can do from my end if they get different results?

If they are even remotely technically competent they know about speedtest. You may want to monitor and record it for a few days and then call them..

If a neighbour gets significantly different results it may be a poorly connected or "leaking" cable coming in from the street...