Would you have laid this down?

swept clean by them ninja trunk monkeys :tongue:

Comments

• Tough one. I lose my stack I think.
  • I think you needed to push a little harder on the flop. You may or may not have pushed the five out but I think that was the only time you ever had a chance to win the pot without a showdown. The flop raise should have been more like $10 not $3. Your raise makes Yellowfin call on pot odds alone not to mention it looks very week and may also make Yellowfin think he has the best hand (which he does at that point). So a stronger raise on the flop was your only hope in my opinion but at that level it may not have mattered.
  • I would be out!
  • nevermind. :wink:
  • yes bar2-l.gifbar2.gifbar2-r.gif836.36%
    no bar3-l.gifbar3.gifbar3-r.gif1463.64%
  • I have been thinking more about that hand. I like to think that I could fold it. My first thought was "I have the ace." But, having the ace in this situation is no different than having the king with four straight-flush on board. It is the second nuts. Being the ace makes no difference. I am capable of folding the king on a four flush board, I should be capable of folding the ace in this situation.
  • But, having the ace in this situation is no different than having the king with four straight-flush on board.

I think it's a little different in the sense that you need to take into account the chances of your opponent having the drawing hand in question *prior* to the draw getting there.

It's difficult to put the opponent on the nut hand in this case, since (IIRC) the draw is to the backdoor gutshot straight flush (wasn't there a paired board too? Darn trunk monkeys...). True that a lot of LLNL players will chase that weak a draw, but it's more likely still that some LLNL player will chase a (backdoor or true) A-high flush draw versus your K-high flush draw thinking that pairing the Ace might be good too.

However, given that a huge majority of the action took place on the river in this particular hand, I'll buy the "I should fold the 2nd nuts" angle too.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    ( Darn trunk monkeys...)
    ScottyZ
    they are evil :eek: