Customer Management Software

Hey all, I am looking for some software to track all the work I do for clients. IE:name, date, job location, job description/notes on the job, option to attach maps....that kind of thing..

Anyone have any experience with any programs to do this? It doesn't need to be crazy detailed, just searchable by location, name, date...etc..

Comments

• DennisG wrote: »
    Hey all, I am looking for some software to track all the work I do for clients. IE:name, date, job location, job description/notes on the job, option to attach maps....that kind of thing..

Anyone have any experience with any programs to do this? It doesn't need to be crazy detailed, just searchable by location, name, date...etc..

Wouldn't you be able to do all you need in MS Access?

Pretty straight forward to use fully customizable for your needs.

Prophet 22
  • I am not familiar with MS Access...will look into it.

I have considered just doing it on a spreadsheet as well, but not sure on the "searching" capabilities of a spreadsheet?
    I am not familiar with MS Access...will look into it.

I have considered just doing it on a spreadsheet as well, but not sure on the "searching" capabilities of a spreadsheet?

Not being an excel guy, you are right, but don't ask me how to do it. AJ, Pinhead are both guys who could help you out.

You probably lready have Acess on your computer. There are all kinds of templates out there, just ask google and start going through the stuff. That is what I am doing to learn photoshop.

Brent
  • I don't have Access, but I do have "Base"...the Open Office equivalent..might mess with that some today.

I have been googling this type of software for awhile now, and have found a few that are alright..but not quite what I am looking for..I found one for a lawnmowing business that was almost bang on...lol..wish I knew how to change up that open source stuff..
    I don't have Access, but I do have "Base"...the Open Office equivalent..might mess with that some today.

I have been googling this type of software for awhile now, and have found a few that are alright..but not quite what I am looking for..I found one for a lawnmowing business that was almost bang on...lol..wish I knew how to change up that open source stuff..

Dennis, post the link for lawn template i will have a look at it for you, see if i can help.

Brent
  • Ok, maybe it isn't open source like I thought...just shareware.

Lawn Mowing Business - Download Lawn Mowing Business Shareware by RB59.Com Software - Development Software, Misc. Dev. Tools Software

I am thinking that I might try this anyway...but dammit, I hate to log 8 years worth of service records into this and it not do what I want..lol

-edit...ok I downloaded that template, and yeah, that is what I am looking for, only for a different service..but it seems to have everything I need. Possibly a link to attach a map is the only thing missing.
  • Dennis, what about one of these? I realize there is a cost associated but may be a lot easier and then you have support...

Products | Sage ACT! - Contact and Customer Relationship Management Software

Easy CRM Software for Outlook | Simple Contact Management Software in Outlook
  • compuease wrote: »
    Dennis, what about one of these? I realize there is a cost associated but may be a lot easier and then you have support...

Products | Sage ACT! - Contact and Customer Relationship Management Software

Easy CRM Software for Outlook | Simple Contact Management Software in Outlook

The Sage is close for sure...but still not just right..that lawn mowing one really looks the best, if I could only change it to suit my company just a tad better..

I am not at all worried about a cost associated with it...8-10 years worth of customer info/sales that are in my log book and head.. are worth a bundle to my company if I ever sell it. I would like to associate location maps as well..which is why a simple database on a spreadsheet with a link to the map (kept in the same directory) might just be the way to go.

I need to be able to search addresses and names as well, so when I get a call from a stranger at that address X number of years later, I have the info on that house.

I would also like to be able to set up scheduled appts. I have some customers that just want me to call them in 3 years when it's time for me to come back...and without some record..I just can't do that at this point.
  • How about a pencil?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    How about a pencil?

The search feature with that sucks.
  • Vtiger.com is open sourced and easy to work with,.
  • vtiger looks like it has way more than I would ever need..just something simple and searchable is really all I need.

Something like this template, that has a searchable database...

lmbus.jpg

I have tried contacting the owners of the software as they develop a pile of different stuff, but none of my emails will go through.
  • Dennis I won't get to this til thursday night, but will have a look.

Brent
  • I would look at FileMaker Pro. Also has iPhone and iPad versions for on-the-go usage.
  • Again, filemaker looks good....but way overkill.

How is it that a company that offers so much software is impossible to get an email through to? Every address I find for them, my mail gets returned..
  • Dennis, what exactly is the nature of your business. I downloaded the program to my laptop at work last night and started going through the program.

have a look

http://databases.about.com/od/administration/a/softwareoptions.htm
  • Brent, we clean septic tanks(bring on the jokes..heard em all..lol), repair drain fields, rent portable toilets...etc...(no installs, I have a buddy that does those)

Basically what I get is a lot of phone calls of realtors and new home buyers asking where their tank is, when it was pumped, etc...I also get customers asking me to call them back in 2-3 years for another appt...so I would like to be able to use a calendar feature..or be able to look back, by date, to see who is due for another service...searchable by name and address is also key..

I will be trying out the one you sent me over this weekend if I get a chance and see how that works..