What's the secret to a long and happy marriage?

I'm not sure but let's ask Compuese. Today is his 40th Wedding Anniversary!!

Happy Anniversary Jeff and Mary!

Comments

• Separate vacations and interests??

Congratulations to you both. Must take a hell of a woman to put up with that miserable old bugger. Count your blessings Jeff!
  • Jeesh, how did you know that John? I must have mentioned it at one point but you are absolutley correct, 40 years and counting! And you are right she is a hell of a women... Separate vacations and interests do actually help.. To give here credit, although she really doesn't like travelling she encourages me to...
    Thanks guys, it brings a tear to my eye... However I'm still coming after your chips any chance I get...
  • Gratz Jeff and Mary!!
  • Congrats Jeff! That's a helluva feat!

And I totally thought this was going to be a brag thread on Johnnie's part since he was up early today taking care of the kids and put the turkey in the oven. Way to make the rest of us look bad...

Jackass. :P
  • compuease wrote: »
    Jeesh, how did you know that John?

Your memory is starting to go Jeff. You mentioned your anniversary when Moose was talking about the 10/10/10 Jackpots in Vegas.

Cheers to another 40 years!
  • Well done sir,

I'm at 15.5 years of a lifelong commitment and it's good to know that there are those out there who are still happy more than twice as long as I've been attached.

Cheers,
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    Well done sir,

I'm at 15.5 years of a lifelong commitment and it's good to know that there are those out there who are still happy more than twice as long as I've been attached.

Cheers,
    lifelong? f***, and here I though my sentence was almost up... Oh, and I'm not showing her this thread...
    lifelong? f***, and here I though my sentence was almost up... Oh, and I'm not showing her this thread...

Sending Bead a PM now. ;)

Clearly you didn't get off early for good behavior!
  • How old were you when you got married? 14?

Congrats!
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    How old were you when you got married? 14?

Congrats!

You know, despite what they say about you around here, you're not a bad guy... Thanks...
    You know, despite what they say about you around here, you're not a bad guy... Thanks...
    Hey Jeff.. Out of the loop with the house sale and our move to Oakville , Just wanted to say Happy Anniversary to you and the missus.

Secret to a long marriage. A wise older feloow I know put it this way.
    Happy Wife. Happy Life..
  • Congratulations, Jeff. My nephew got married this past Saturday, down in the States. I can only hope to be around to celebrate his 40th anniversary. Congratulations again to you and your bride.
  • That is amazing! Congrats! :D