WIND Mobile Edmonton?

Looking to get a cell for casual use for my girlfriend.

I have a corporate plan through Bell for myself as I have a friend that used to be management at Bell (has since quit) but cannot get that for her and would like to avoid the ridiculous plan fees on the major providers --Bell, Rogers, etc.

Just need a basic plan/phone -- no internet, etc.

Anyone using Wind?

Other options?

Comments

• GTA Poker wrote: »
    Looking to get a cell for casual use for my girlfriend.

I have a corporate plan through Bell for myself as I have a friend that used to be management at Bell (has since quit) but cannot get that for her and would like to avoid the ridiculous plan fees on the major providers --Bell, Rogers, etc.

Just need a basic plan/phone -- no internet, etc.

Anyone using Wind?

Other options?
    Wow, timing.. Just got my wife her first cell last night. We didn't want anything fancy or contracts, etc. We went with a Telus prepaid.. $70. for the phone including $20. worth of usage. I like it cuz she can just buy more time later as she needs it and can add features like messaging, etc later as she sees fit. No commitment.. We looked at Rogers, Bell, Fido, Voodoo, Virgin, 7-Eleven and Petro Canada before settling on Telus.. Your mileage may vary in Alberta. never heard of Wind...
  • My buddies use Wind in Vancouver.

It sucks BALLS. They are not equiped to handle usage yet.
    Their whole platform is free local calls and texts. On the phone, it shows if you are in a local zone or an away zone. If you are in an away zone, its like 30-40 cents a minute.

My friend was in an away zone on the skytrain, on the seabus, in north van, richmond, and basically any zone that was hard to get reception. (all these places I'm listing are within 20 km of vancouver)
    I use Koodo right now. I pay about $50 a month and use it whenever I want, and as my only phone its not bad. No contract iether. So far its been a good plan for me, free calls after 5, free texts anytime etc. free weekends, voicemail, call display. If you dont get the add ons you could get it for about 35
  • Just got my gf unlimited minutes/texts, etc within wind zones for $25/mo (normally $45)...will try it out and see how it is up here -- it's month to month so if it sucks we'll scrap it.
  • I lived in Calgary for a few years and then moved to Sylvan Lake, Still own a house there and frequent it quite a bit in the summer, etc. I am on Rogers and don't mind it as a plan works for me and I love having an iPhone. A lot of my friends in the Sylvan/Red Deer area however brag about their Koodoo and how good their deals are, and that their service is better then it ever was with Rogers.

Might be worth looking into.