growing trend outta nowhere that is making me furious

has anyone else noticed seemingly all of a sudden that cars are stopping anywhere up to 3 car lengths behind a car ahead of them at intersections? It drives me absolutely nuts. I want to get out, run laps between the two cars to show how much room there is, then urinate on the hood of the offending driver.

If you haven't noticed it yet, start looking for it. then you'll hate me for how often you notice it now too.

Comments

• Because that 3 car lengths is adding 1.2 seconds to your commute?
  • Jeesh, if that's all it takes to infuriate you, I'm glad you're not still in charge around here...:) Kristy would have been fried...
  • moose wrote: »
    Because that 3 car lengths is adding 1.2 seconds to your commute?

not at all,...because of the havoc it causes behind them without having a clue...cars stuck midway in an intersection unable to complete a turn because of a line of cars etc.
  • Old-Sloth wrote: »
    not at all,...because of the havoc it causes behind them without having a clue...cars stuck midway in an intersection unable to complete a turn because of a line of cars etc.

This!
  • moose wrote: »
    Because that 3 car lengths is adding 1.2 seconds to your commute?

also, that 1.2 seconds is an eternity when it's an 8 second advanced green light and it takes 3 seconds for the person in front to realize it's flashing...now enter 2-3 morons who are 3 car lenghts apart from eachother.

Bah. :mad: I disapprove.

Lineups of cars aren't supposed to block intersections...

What's a green light? We don't even have a traffic light in our town. Rush hour is 3 cars in line to cross the highway. :)
  • +1.....I also hate the idiots going 45 in a 50 and braking for no reason!
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Lineups of cars aren't supposed to block intersections...

What's a green light? We don't even have a traffic light in our town. Rush hour is 3 cars in line to cross the highway. :)

in bc we drive peacful dood!^-^

Re: bolded. Blocking an intersection you cannot clear safely is a violation of the HTA. Complaining that it was the other guy's fault you did that will just guarantee a ticket. I do not like people leaving a huge gap, either, but if that is the worst thing that happens to you on the road, count your blessings.

BTW, most people do it so that they can gun it for the advanced green and "push" the yellow to complete their turn.

I am so glad I drove my clapped out mini-van for a year and a half before dumping it. Driving a car that may blow up on you at any moment teaches you to drive smoothly, and PATIENTLY, two keys to a more pleasant journey. Especially with all the DICKS on the road these days.
  • See I have a problem, sorta on the same topic. I take the 7/8 highway to New Hamburg everyday. And everyday I get in my car happy as can be, but by the time I drive 15 minutes down that highway, Im ready to pull my hair out.

I consider myself a good driver, but I like to speed somewhat (not excessive, but what I would consider normal speeding). When I am on the highway, I leave a good couple car lengths between myself and the guy in front of me. But everytime I do this, I get cut off to no end. I find the only way I don't get cut off, is if I ride the persons a$$ the whole way...Worst thing is when these guys cut you off, then realize that the highway jams up in the same place everyday, so now you are going from 115 or whatever down to 0 in no time, and now I have hardly enough space to slow down before I rear-end the idiot who just cut me off. And if I rear-end him, guess who's fault it is???

That and what is with people driving 30 in 50s in New Hamburg Johnnie? HM? .... I hope its not you two out for sunday drives....

Soooo sick of the :bs: drivers out there.
  • In Ottawa, people routinely drive 65-80 km/h on the 100km/h highway... in the fast lane! Not kidding. I used to frown upon passing on the right, but in Ottawa, it's the only way to drive.

My pet peeve is people not signaling. It used to be "people not signaling when changing lanes", then it became "not signaling right turns", and now it's "not signaling ever" (left turns included). Yesterday I almost got clipped by a street racer (I was going 120 km/h and he must have been going 160+ km/h; never seen a car go that fast in Canada), but I also nearly got hit by two cars making lefts and one making a right without signaling. And I only drove about 15 km.

Cars making rights (and to a lesser extent, lefts) without signaling has accounted for at least 80% of the times I've been hit while cycling - I lost count around 20.
  • My biggest frustration:

Two lanes, one going each way, let's say north and south and you're at a traffic light. A driver in the north bound lane is turning left (west), and the genius behind him doesn't want to wait. So, this bubba decides to veer out around the right side of the left turning driver in order to go straight through the intersection - THIS IS HIGHLY DANGEROUS AND FUCKING STUPID!

If a driver in the south-bound lane is also turning left (east), then both left-turning drivers should be able to turn simultaneously. However, given people's complete lack of common sense and clear need to get where they're going 30 seconds faster, several things have developed:

A - neither driver is comfortable completing their completely appropriate and legal left turns without being hesitant

B - if there IS an accident, the insurance company auto-faults the person turning left!

Seriously people, you're not that important. Wherever you're going will be there. And if you're late for something, well it's your own fucking fault for not accounting for the travel time.

Mark
  • Other than psychic signallers my real peeve is idiots who refuse to turn their full headlights on, sometimes even in full dark. I mean, how hard is it to push/twist the knob?

Hell, some cars will even do it for you, if you switch the setting. I hate driving in heavy rain, and some schmuck ahead in a grey car hasn't got his lights on. DAYTIME LIGHTS ARE FRONT LIGHTS, NOT THE REARS.