websites/hosting

if you're looking at having a website done, I'd be happy to help if I can. I'm pretty happy with some sites I've built (or am currently in the process of working on) so, if you're in the market, hit me up and we can talk. Generally, for the kind of site I do, it's in the ballpark of $200 depending on size/scope etc/

of course, if what you're looking for is out of my expertise, I'll let you know that too :)

Comments

• Hey Neil, where would suggest hosting websites? My brother has a simple one for his business (ie it's not an integral part of the business) hosted at freeservers.com. He has the Starter Hosting package at $3.95 per month. Is there a better place to host?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Hey Neil, where would suggest hosting websites? My brother has a simple one for his business (ie it's not an integral part of the business) hosted at freeservers.com. He has the Starter Hosting package at $3.95 per month. Is there a better place to host?

Is your bro happy with what he's getting? (is there a need for him to look elsewhere?) I for one always go with hostGator.com, used them when i was hosting cpf too.
  • Do you have a portfolio? I'm always in the market to get sites done when I don't have time to start them myself.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Do you have a portfolio? I'm always in the market to get sites done when I don't have time to start them myself.

Within my own business I am often getting asked if I do websites or know someone who does. I probably could figure it out but would rather just hand them off to someone I trust.. :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Within my own business I am often getting asked if I do websites or know someone who does. I probably could figure it out but would rather just hand them off to someone I trust.. :)

if you get asked, we could always look into "drop shipping" I do the work, you add whatever cost you want to pass on to the customer.
  • I to wouldn't mind seeing a portfolio, your price sounds right and I would love to give business to a CPFer, I am looking to get a site done in the near future for the store I manage, also I have had a couple ideas for hobby sites I have wanted to get done.
  • Old-Sloth wrote: »
    if you get asked, we could always look into "drop shipping" I do the work, you add whatever cost you want to pass on to the customer.

Sounds good to me... we'll see what comes up... Thanks..
  • I concur with Old Sloth.

I started my site as an absolute noob 6 months ago, and HostGator has been a great choice for my hosting. I found the cpanel very easy to use and understand.

I got drop-shipped for the design/programming though. :( Sucks finding out after the fact.
  • Old-Sloth wrote: »
    of course, if what you're looking for is out of my expertise, I'll let you know that too :)

is the mark of a good man...