HUD's

Hey, just joined the current century and bought PokerTracker3.

This is my first time with the HUD's.....just wondering if everyone uses them. Seems very useful, but a bit of a pain when you have alot of tables going.

Comments

• Why is it a pain? Multi-tabling is exactly what you need the HUD for.
  • They are kind of a pain if you multitable alot (like >6 tables) via tile.

Works fine if you cascade, but cascading is horribly hard to do for me for whatever reason so I only use my HUD deep in tournaments.
  • multi-screen/wide screen ftw.
    you can get 6 tables tiled on a nice sized wide screen monitor and see HUD's perfectly.
    You can add/subtract stats that show. Generally I only have 5-6 stats per player. Vpip, pfr, af, fold 3-bet, donkbet.
  • moose wrote: »
    Why is it a pain? Multi-tabling is exactly what you need the HUD for.

Probably need to learn how to use it (set up) better. Used for the first time last night, and was forever having to move around stats to match the seat at the table.

I usually tile on a 27" monitor (3 top, 3 bottom), with slightly overlapping tables. I'm pretty anal about my seat selection for viewing purposes. ie. table in top left of monitor, I will use the top left seat for that table....and the same with the other ones.

Not sure if I'll be able to set it up so it goes where I need (and not have to move the stats around). This becomes really annoying when they switch you tables 3 times in 10 minutes.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    They are kind of a pain if you multitable alot (like >6 tables) via tile.

Works fine if you cascade, but cascading is horribly hard to do for me for whatever reason so I only use my HUD deep in tournaments.

Not sure how people cascade......tilts me to no end.
  • You should be able to make your default selection of seating the way you want in your poker site program.
    The HUD will load the default selection when you are first sitting down.
    If you figure out how to adjust your default selection it should work out that you don't have to adjust the hud per player.
  • Yes. Open one table only and get HUD running. Move the stats to where you want them. Click on the the little button at the top of the screen and save the layout as the default. Then all subsequent tables will open with the stats in the same place.
  • moose wrote: »
    Yes. Open one table only and get HUD running. Move the stats to where you want them. Click on the the little button at the top of the screen and save the layout as the default. Then all subsequent tables will open with the stats in the same place.

K, tks.....
  • I currently use HEM ..do you guys prefer PT3 over it ?
  • JtotheLew wrote: »
    I currently use HEM ..do you guys prefer PT3 over it ?

Read up a bit on them both.....really think it's a six one, half dozen the other. They both had everything I was looking for....just know what you want/need, make sure the one you get provides everything.

I play alot of PLO, so I needed to make sure their new PLO versions worked well before purchasing.
  • HEM > PT3, at least for NLH, no clue for other games
  • T8, another tip would be to make your font size smaller for each stat, around 5-6, so all the stats fit in neatly on the table.
  • What parts of the HUD's do you guys tend to use most?
  • I've played up to 8 tabling PLO 6 max cash with no HUD -- I don't think it is needed for PLO. I assume this is now for NL?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I've played up to 8 tabling PLO 6 max cash with no HUD -- I don't think it is needed for PLO. I assume this is now for NL?

I'm primarily a MTT player....I'll have to work on which stats are more useful for PLO (don't think the same as NLH)....obv not something I've needed to make a profit to this point, but I think their would be potential to exploit some styles in PLO if you can identify them.
  • i also have contintuation bet flop, attemp to steal blinds, and fold to bb steal, fold to small blind steal....

for the most part though.....don't really use anything unless it really stands out .....and i use the pop that shows the preflop betting from position stats....just basically tells me if opponent is positionally aware.....in lower stakes they usually obviously are or obviously not.....
  • darbday wrote: »
    i also have contintuation bet flop, attemp to steal blinds, and fold to bb steal, fold to small blind steal....

Also great stats to have, especially in mtts