Dexter Season 5

The fun starts tomorrow. Should be a great season after the finale from last season. Season 5 trailer:

YouTube - Dexter Season 5 Trailer (Comic Con)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBj3LFvmWI&feature=channel

Comments

• I"m saying this now, for the record...

TRINITY DID NOT KILL RITA!!

You heard it here first.

Should be a great season, can't wait to see the end. I believe this is the final season for the show, and I'm curious how they will end it. Hope it doesn't disappoint like some other series have in the past.
  • Are you saying Rita isn't dead or that she is dead and Trinity is not the one who killed her? A lot of people suggest that she isn't dead because of the blurriness and lighting in the scene, it is reminiscent of most of Dexters dream sequences or memories.

I think she is almost for sure dead, I haven't actually thought yet that Trinity was not the one who killed her, interesting idea but I think considering the bath tub thing that it almost had to be.

I really hope Dexters sister finds out this season!
  • Oh Rita is most certainly dead, no doubt. But by the hands of Trinity?? No.

Facts:
    Trinity has a ritual cycle that begins with a young boy. This was foiled by our anti hero Dexter, therefore the cycle did not begin
    Trinity only murdered young SINGLE women living alone in the bathtub, not married women with children. The married women with family were always forced to jump to their deaths.
    Trinity did not find Dexter's home, or we weren't lead to believe that. He found Deb's apartment ONLY because it was listed as D. Morgan. He didn't kill her, and he had a much greater opportunity to do so at this time.
    Rita's recent attraction to the neighbour friend. The kiss in his house, the rejection when she told him it would never happen, the jilted neighbour with his recent relationship issues (remember, he is supposedly separated from his wife, who has never been seen since the season before last...why do you think? methinks she is buried in the backyard)
    Trinity was looking to kill Dexter. Not his sister, not his family, just him. Dexter just got to him first. And Trinity never admitted to killing Rita, he just said it was done now. IMO, only solidifying his fate was at hand at long last.

Based on the above, I submit to you the following....Rita met her demise at the hands of the heartbroken jilted neighbour who made it look like a Bathtub killer killing based solely on what was available from the media. Also, keep in mind that only the police connected the Trinity cycle of three, and was NOT made public, therefore the neighbour did not know the specific details of Young Single Woman killed in bathtub at home followed by Married Middle Aged Mother forced to jump to her death, followed by Married Family Man bludgeoned to death. He only knew what the media knew....woman killed in tub.

This revelation will not get connected until well into the new season, perhaps show seven or eight or later, and then Dexter will set up something special for him, making the last few shows of the series DON'T MISS!

Deb will not only find out about Dexter, she'll be the one confronted with either bringing him in to justice, putting him down herself, or accepting what he is and simply leave altogether.

The real question is what is her partner cop going to do?

Shit, I should WRITE this show!!!
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Deb will not only find out about Dexter, she'll be the one confronted with either bringing him in to justice, putting him down herself, or accepting what he is and simply leave altogether.

Surprised Deb hasn't mentioned Dexter's wife being killed by Trinity and what his involvement was? maybe she would suspect him of killing her since he is a serial killer?? Do you think the Rita killing will ever come back into play?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Surprised Deb hasn't mentioned Dexter's wife being killed by Trinity and what his involvement was? maybe she would suspect him of killing her since he is a serial killer?? Do you think the Rita killing will ever come back into play?

I hope it does come back into play. As far as I'm concerned, its an unfinished loose end. I'm surprised Deb hasn't pushed Trinity/Rita yet with Dexter, but I would think she would soon. I think the more interesting turn of events this season is LaGuerta and the blood slide she found. Is she thinking she can clear her old flame's name, or does she suspect he may be alive? Personally, I think she investigates independantly to clear his name, only to get caught in a situation that will kill her and Dexter would avenge her name.
  • Deb doesn't seem too concerned that her brother has killed 50+ people; surprised she doesn't recall the blood slides from the ice cream truck killer.
  • Show really is getting a bit stretched, I still watch but even so, I kinda think the Capt. will figure it all out, run out on the street all surprised then something completely wack like she gets shot by the mobsters and it all just goes away.