Which buy-in level is preferred by you for a forum satellite?

Preferably pick the maximum that you'd be comfortable playing on a weekly basis (not saying we'd do this on a weekly basis, but just to give an idea of what they should be picking, because we want a balance between getting as much money in the prizepool as possible, but not busting the rolls of all the lower stakes players here).

Generally the satellite will be for a sunday major. We'll shoot for a 216, the brawl on tilt would be nice for $40 more (especially for lower stakes players since the $40 bounty lowers variance and increases that chance that you see at least a little bit of return for your work), but if we get a lot of interest something like the sunday 500 or one of the monthly millions on party/FTP could be cool too!

Comments

• i could do 20-50 once a month. would be happy with 20 and i could play a couple times a month. anything under is plenty fine for me.
  • darbday wrote: »
    i could do 20-50 once a month. would be happy with 20 and i could play a couple times a month. anything under is plenty fine for me.

Put in the amount that you'd be comfortable with on a weekly basis, just to be safe, and in case it's something we could get going weekly or long-term. It's better if the buy-in is slightly lower than slightly higher in the long run, I think.
  • If there are $215 major events at all the major sites, then it would be nice for the winner(s) to be able to choose which event they would play. Since I don't have an FTP account, I would choose to play the $215 Sunday major at PartyPoker.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    If there are $215 major events at all the major sites, then it would be nice for the winner(s) to be able to choose which event they would play. Since I don't have an FTP account, I would choose to play the $215 Sunday major at PartyPoker.

I like the idea of playing whichever event, just the buy-in has to be the same.

For myself, I may prefer to play the $215 PLO on Saturday either on Tilt or Stars.

As long as whoever wins gives a couple days notice as to which event he will be playing, then whoever wants to rail, can.
  • Once a month.. $20-40 is ok..anything less then $20.00 is good as often as possible.

If we win the pool but don't want to play in the tourney is that poor form??
  • Sorry,I hadn't seen the thread regarding the type of tournement you were wanting to do. I understand now and ignore my question.
  • Man, A forum satelliete is a great idea. Since my BR is low, I'd prefer a lower stake. However, if we did a cut of some sort, I'd be mroe inclined to fork over more cash.

I suggest something like, the satelliete winner gets to the play the tournament. If he cashes, he keeps 85% and 15% gets split around to the satelliete entrants.
    How does this sound? then we can all root for the home team!
  • I'd be up for this. Depending on turnout anywhere from $15-25
  • Where's the $5 option? ;)

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Where's the $5 option? ;)

Mark

+1 preach it brotha!:wink2:
  • $10if it is weekly
    i could pay higher for bi-weekly or monthly

i like the cheering for the forum member ,and sharing the prize money from the $215 tourny.I prefer the sunday million on stars.:biggrin2:
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Where's the $5 option? ;)

Mark

Haha, I thought about that. We'd need 42 people to get enough for a sat, is that possible do you think?
  • Vekked wrote: »
    Haha, I thought about that. We'd need 42 people to get enough for a sat, is that possible do you think?

5r/a maybe...lol

Even 10 might be tough to get enough for a decent sat?
    We'd need 42 people to get enough for a sat, is that possible do you think?

only 15 votes so far. I'd say no. The forum tourney's generally only get a table or two at the most and that's for $5.50
  • My schedule is highly variable -- so I would likely only make it out once in a while -- $50/wk sounds ok. $10r would be a good idea as well.

It would be great if we could have non-holdem games on occasion, but I imagine that would greatly decrease #s...so likely not.

I think the best way to go is to split 10% of the target tourny winnings with all the sat players -- I also think that all sat players should have a minimum number of posts and minimum membership duration on this site to qualify for the 10%, but that any members can play.
  • Hmm, I didn't even think of a rebuy really. What do people think of a 5 rebuy or something?

On one hand, the people who only want to spend $5 can, but on the other hand, it's sort of an advantage to the players who can spend $25 in it.

I guess we could even do a lower rebuy, like a $3 rebuy then more people could double rebuy and take the add-on. I'm not sure what the prizepools would get like with either option.
  • $11 BI is perfect. We should be able to get 20 players to join a satty at this price
  • payperview wrote: »
    $11 BI is perfect. We should be able to get 20 players to join a satty at this price

20 is doubtful imo
    Hmm, I didn't even think of a rebuy really. What do people think of a 5 rebuy or something?

On one hand, the people who only want to spend $5 can, but on the other hand, it's sort of an advantage to the players who can spend $25 in it.

I guess we could even do a lower rebuy, like a $3 rebuy then more people could double rebuy and take the add-on. I'm not sure what the prizepools would get like with either option.

maybe we should start with something standard a rebuy is longer too and while i'd rebuy like crazy if i played....it favours the guys with gigantic bankrolls and your already favorites :) but maybe a 2r1a

i just have really wanted to do this for a awhile so ill take whichever it costs....stoked and appreciate you and others who are willing to spend the time playing like this.^-^
  • Is anyone else interested in having a %age of the winner(s)
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Is anyone else interested in having a %age of the winner(s)
    Absolutely. I think it'd be great to cheer the home team in a giant MTT. I initially suggested 15%, but 10% is ok too.