Refurbished Laptop?

Anyone have an opinion on this laptop? Basically it would be used for poker and tv/movies/internet. I don't use a HUD so that would not be an issue.

17" Laptops - Best Buy Canada

We use the current laptop (that I use for poker) for watching movies, shows, etc on the television as we d/l all the shows/movies we watch.

I don't need anything very powerful, but would like a 17" for poker as I don't use external monitors when I play.

I have had terrible experiences with HP computers in the past (2 laptops died and customer service was horrible). I currently use an Acer laptop and really like it.

Comments

• Just a thought, but keep an eye on Tigerdirect.ca for deals on refurbed laptops. They seem to always have deals on them.
  • I don't go near HP. I own a Mac desktop and an acer laptop that I just bought for $399.00 at bestbuy. Acer isn't a great name by any means but I have had a laptop before and it lasted me 3 years...I had an HP laptop last me about 3 months, and my brother just spent $1000.00 on his and when it was just out of warranty he had issues with it and they basically said it was totally pooched.
  • Yeah, I had terrible problems with both HPs I've ever owned, but I think all laptops are basically made in the same conditions and it may have just been a coincidence. Not sure. Still thinking about the 17"...seems too good a price to pass up.
  • The issue with really cheap laptops is a lot of them are made from the cheapest components imaginable that aren't really made to be put together, they don't run as good, they don't last as long. Now mix with this with it being refurbished and I don't know what you get.. Could work out good and you get a laptop for $400.00 that lasts you a year or 2 ( I think this is a really good life for a PC laptop ) or you could spend a few hundred more and get a bit more peace of mind.

I don't know your financial situation or your preference, but I personally would recommend the latter.
  • JtotheLew wrote: »
    I don't know your financial situation or your preference, but I personally would recommend the latter.

There refurbished for a reason. Dip into your poker funds and buy a real computer.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    There refurbished for a reason. Dip into your poker funds and buy a real computer.

Agreed 100%. With the exception of the spelling of "they're".

I have had nothing but bad runs with anything refurbished..someone else typically returned it for a reason.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Agreed 100%. With the exception of the spelling of "they're".

I have had nothing but bad runs with anything refurbished..someone else typically returned it for a reason.

Thanks Dennis...I was looking for this type of feedback.

They didn't teach Jah homonyms during his degrees.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    They didn't teach Jah homonyms during his degrees.

What ever happened to the spell check feature on pokerforum?

Can't you expense a laptop for business purposes anyways so really it only cost you 50%?? More reason to buy new. Thought you were in the top tax bracket and your pondering spending $300?

This should be more your speed:

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/laptoploadsaved.asp?id=432022