Kitchener NL Hold'em September 25th 3:30

13»

Comments

• Thanks Dave, great host as always!

FYI, 4 long time forumers swept the 1st 4 places. In fact I think we went almost an hour at 4 until I ran my AK into Petski's AA. Ouch!, Mario was third and when I left Moose and Petski were going at it heads up with about even stacks. It was after midnight... Good times!
  • It was a very close heads up match. Peteski and I went back and forth for almost 2 hours. Chopping was never even discussed. We both wanted the win straight up. Best thing about the heads up was there were no suckouts, no dominated allins or even pair over pair, just two guys working as hard as they could to gain an advantage. Everytime the money went in, it was a pair vs two overs and the coin flip always landed on the side with the pair. It was that close a match. I won a flip to take the lead, then Pete won a flip to take it back. I grinded back to the chip lead and then won the final flip. Great match. Peteski and I played almost side by side the entire tournament and in fact he never even had to change seats once so it was a fitting way to end the tourney.
  • It was a great heads up match Moose and a well earned victory for you. You certainly made it tough on me all day.

Another well run tournament Dave. Always a pleasure.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Thanks Dave, great host as always!

FYI, 4 long time forumers swept the 1st 4 places. In fact I think we went almost an hour at 4 until I ran my AK into Petski's AA. Ouch!, Mario was third and when I left Moose and Petski were going at it heads up with about even stacks. It was after midnight... Good times!

Wow! WTG CPF!

Thanks for a good day Dave.
  • Gongrats to the winners. Nice to see all those names at the top.

Thanks again Dave. Always a fun day.
  • Congratulations to moose for his first victory on the Holt Poker Tour. He bested 40 other players for the win, including peteski in a long heads up battle. See moose's post for all the details. The two of them sat next to each other all the way to the final table and pretty much controlled the action all day.

We had a few new Forumers out. Vekked, KaNad13N, Happy and DamnthePushr all played their first events here. Thank you all for coming and I hope you enjoyed yourselves enough to come back again.

Thanks to all the usuals for helping out with the dealing and clean up. Thanks to the final table for doing all the colouring up and seating. And a big thank you to AJ for looking after the cash game. We ended up with two tables for the cash game so AJ was kept busy.

I am not going to have a tournament in October. The only Saturday I am free is the day of Westside. I intend to run a tournament on November 20th probably at 1:30. The time will depend on the long range weather forecast when I post. My December one, will be on December 11th.

Unofficial Results

41. DR JOHNNIE NITRO
    40. flash05
    39. BrennerM
    38. Little_Brother
    37. DamnthaPushr
    36. Kaye
    35. happyhammer6
    34. proffisher
    33. r3m1x
    32. Happy
    31. STR82ACE