Holy crap...Lego is expensive for Canadians!

So lately I've been obsessed with Lego. (I think I've hit my mid-life crisis)
Trying to find some at a descent price has been a challenge, to say the least. The outlet store in St. Jacobs is actually MORE expensive, since it's in a tourist area. The major department stores are pretty much the same. I've even been checking on ebay and kijiji with mixed results. Then Kirsty suggested to shop online. She was right. Check this shit out:

Walmart.com: LEGO Star Wars - Slave I Starship: Building Blocks & Sets

Walmart Canada

$35 difference! Even with the exchange, that is crazy cheap! Guess where I'll be shopping when we return from Vegas?

Comments

• Lego is disgustingly expensive. Believe me when I say I'm so happy that the new gf doesn't have the Lego obsession the old one had. Holy crap that stuff cost me a fucking ton! I quite honestly spent over 5K in under two years on it.
  • I have 6 yr old grandson that is really into the Star Wars Lego, he already has quite a collection... His dad just ordered him the Death Star (over 3800 pieces) for xmas, think he bought it on ebay for ($395 US), regularily $599. Crazy.. but he loves it. He just finished putting the Lego Kingdoms together, 360 pieces and also did General Gravius (1000+ pieces??). That took him 2 days but he does it himself from the pictures... It's actually amazing to watch..
    Pehaps a contest, my grandson against you guys in a speed contest? :)
  • He'd win. I haven't used the stuff in 20+ years lol
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    He'd win. I haven't used the stuff in 20+ years lol

I pulled my old set out last week. Somehow I lost 3 hours of my life :D
  • compuease wrote: »
    Pehaps a contest, my grandson against you guys in a speed contest? :)

Will there be wagering on this event? :D
  • Milo wrote: »
    Will there be wagering on this event? :D

Oh hello Degernate Milo. Long time no see. :)
  • The price gouging on Canadian Lego fans is an insidious plot by the Danish owners of the trademark. They figure to use the immense profits generated by Canadians to outright BUY title to our Northern frontier, as their political claims have no merit.

BOYCOTT LEGO !!! SUPPORT CANADIAN SOVEREIGNTY !!!

Lego Metallica videos are awesome, however . . .
  • JohnnieH wrote: »

Can you model a Porsche, a Toupee and a busty 21yr old girl out of lego?
  • It frightens me that you found that . . .

Not enough to click the link, but still . . .
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Trying to find some at a descent price has been a challenge, to say the least. The outlet store in St. Jacobs is actually MORE expensive, since it's in a tourist area. The major department stores are pretty much the same. I've even been checking on ebay and kijiji with mixed results. Then Kirsty suggested to shop online. She was right. Check this shit out:

Walmart.com: LEGO Star Wars - Slave I Starship: Building Blocks & Sets

Walmart Canada

$35 difference! Even with the exchange, that is crazy cheap! Guess where I'll be shopping when we return from Vegas?

s
    Canadians have the locally produced Megablocks...

The lego patent 25 years has expired.

That said....

Mindstorms is awesome.