WTF is TSN doing!?

TSN has been broadcasting the main event. After tonight, they will have aired 8 shows. These idiots have preempted 2 episodes so far. Tonight, episode #7 was cut into by 17 freaking minutes by Sports Center. Sports Center is on, what, 14 times in a 24 hour period. Do they really need to cut into the World Series like that?

Comments

• I'd still like to know what, in their CRTC license agreement allows them to show sports movies (same with Sportsnet, for that matter).

Seriously thinking of abandoning all but basic cable service lately.
  • you guys still pay for the teevees?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    you guys still getting raped for the teevees?

fyp, it is ridiculous the amount we pay for cable, I have been looking to see if there was a different package with rogers or different provider's, but from what I see it is only rogers pretty much in this area, I have looked at other provider's and it will be about the same price.
  • just download w torrents and skip the commercials and watch at your own convenience. A lot easier IMO. With utorrent, you can download a HD episode in about 15 minutes or four at a time in 15 minutes. Pokerbay.org use to be good for any poker related torrents but their site seems to be down recently.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    TSN has been broadcasting the main event. After tonight, they will have aired 8 shows. These idiots have preempted 2 episodes so far. Tonight, episode #7 was cut into by 17 freaking minutes by Sports Center. Sports Center is on, what, 14 times in a 24 hour period. Do they really need to cut into the World Series like that?

What really tilted me was that the announcer (Jennifer Hedger I think), was like, it's only poker, if you miss any, it doesn't matter, cuz you can just watch the next hand.

If she wasn't so hot, I'd give her a piece of my mind.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    just download w torrents and skip the commercials and watch at your own convenience. A lot easier IMO. With utorrent, you can download a HD episode in about 15 minutes or four at a time in 15 minutes. Pokerbay.org use to be good for any poker related torrents but their site seems to be down recently.

100% the way to go. I almost never watch regular TV these days. Utorrent is great software and very easy to use. I download the avi files and stream them through my ps3 via ethernet.

Pokerbay.org has been off and on for a few months now which is a pain. I think this is fairly standard with them though. EZTV is another great site which also has the WSOP coverage. I think the WSOP AVI files on there are only standard def though.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    What really tilted me was that the announcer (Jennifer Hedger I think), was like, it's only poker, if you miss any, it doesn't matter, cuz you can just watch the next hand.

I lol'd ^^'
  • Replay on TSN Sunday at 11:30am-1:30pm. Much less likely to be pre-empted.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I'd still like to know what, in their CRTC license agreement allows them to show sports movies (same with Sportsnet, for that matter).

Below is from SportsNet's just-expired licence (01 Mar 2004 to 31 Aug 2010) - so they definitely were (still are?) allowed to do it. I assume there is something similar in TSN's licence.

I don't watch much of either channel, so I have no opinion as to whether or not they should show movies. However, if you want to see changes to a licence or have a complaint about a broadcaster, always send a detailed letter through the CRTC (not to the broadcaster directly). If the CRTC has it, the broadcaster must respond to you personally and may have to address your issue once again at their next licence renewal hearing (your comments will definitely be re-read by the presiding CRTC Commissioners). Failure to reply to a viewer's complaint is a breach of their licence. Multiple breaches can equal a shortened licence renewal period ... a very expensive proposition to them.

Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2004-11
    Conditions of licence

[FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]1. (a) The licensee shall provide a national English-language specialty television service, and shall draw its programming exclusively from the following categories, as set out in section 6 of Schedule I of the [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=LFOEIG+TimesNewRoman,Italic,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEIG+TimesNewRoman,Italic,Times New Roman]Specialty Services Regulations, 1990[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman], as amended from time to time: [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]1 News[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]2 (a) Analysis and interpretation[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman](b) Long-form documentaries[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]3 Reporting and actualities[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]5 (b) Informal education/Recreation and leisure[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]6 (a) Professional sports[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman](b) Amateur sports[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]7 Drama and comedy[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]11 General entertainment and human interest[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]12 Interstitials[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]13 Public service announcements[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman]14 Infomercials, promotional and corporate videos [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman][FONT=LFOEDM+TimesNewRoman,Times New Roman](c) Notwithstanding the above, material from category 7 shall be limited to non-dramatic feature length films about sports and sports personalities.[/FONT][/FONT]
  • T8urmoney wrote: »

If she wasn't so hot, I'd give her a piece of my mind.

Saw the same thing last night and was not impressed. I loved Dutch's comment though about his own poker experience: I went to Vegas with my buddies and played in a tourney... I was the first player out of the entire tourney. OUCH.
  • Okay, so it's legal, as per the regs . . .

But doesn't the fact that they're paying Kevin Costner's mortgage prove that a second channel (Sportsnet1) is unecessarily taking programming away from their core audience?

Effing maroons . . .
  • PLease just stop paying for cable and d/l on the interwebz
  • u know that poker on TV to the general public is equivalent to my interest in tsn showing the spelling B.

And I dont really care if sportscentre interupts the spelling B.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    PLease just stop paying for cable and d/l on the interwebz

Please shove this theme up your ass sideways . . . we get it, you hate TV. Goodie for you . . . now fuck off.