24h player point race advice

So I've been invited to a 24 hour player point race this tuesday on betsson. 45 something players who know some betsson VIP guy was invited by him and the first (and only) price is a sponsorship for 15 online "grand series of poker" events worth around 2500 dollars total.

You get 1 point for every raked cashgame dollar and 5 points for every tournament rake dollar. How should I best approach this with my 1,2k dollars to have a decent shot at winning, never done anything like this before

Comments

• I assume playing as many cash game tables all day as you are comfortable with would give you the highest total possible.
  • Will there be a live leaderboard? Do you normally play cash and multi 8+? If you answer "no" to either of those I would skip it.
  • meh, client lags too much when I play even 4 or 5 tables, hopefully this holds true for everyone. I am gonna to win this either way but I don't know if they have live leaderboards and I don't play much cashgame at all.

I might try my luck playing turbo DoN's (they're pretty high rake) as much as I can for as long as I can, I don't really have anything to lose
  • Yeah that software lags like crazy if I have too many tables open. Didn't know they have those turbo dons, thats a pretty good idea.

Good luck!
  • There is a lot to lose with a winner-take-all rake-related race. Many players play too far from their comfort zone and lose a lot of money, needing the top prize to offset their losses. This doesn't seem like a good VIP promotion, as up to 44 of the 45 unlucky invitees will end up worse than if they never got invited or participated in the 24-hour sleep-deprived -EV madness, while the one winner only gets tournament entries with no guaranteed cash.

While I have benefited in a lot of promotional races, as soon as I see on the leaderboard that it is not worth the extra effort, I stop racing and just play my normal +EV games.
    Richard~ wrote: »
    I might try my luck playing turbo DoN's (they're pretty high rake) as much as I can for as long as I can, I don't really have anything to lose
  • just win it....wtf
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    There is a lot to lose with a winner-take-all rake-related race. Many players play too far from their comfort zone and lose a lot of money, needing the top prize to offset their losses. This doesn't seem like a good VIP promotion, as up to 44 of the 45 unlucky invitees will end up worse than if they never got invited or participated in the 24-hour sleep-deprived -EV madness, while the one winner only gets tournament entries with no guaranteed cash.

you don't feel like you're overreacting slightly? I get that you want to make your point across but the way you wrote it is just propaganda playing on peoples emotions. The DoN tournaments are right in my comfort zone and I've played and studied them quite a bit before, only reason I don't grind them harder is because of the high rake lowering my roi. I'm smart enough to quit if I feel like I'm messing up after 10 hours.

Also I'm really suprised hearing the words no guaranteed cash coming from you. You're definitely smart enough to realise that it's 2,5k tournament entries and like 3-3,5k $EV. sure you can bust all these soft euro tournaments even though you are an all around players with solid roi's for all the games played but that's just variance, really suprised you didn't instantly see that for what it was. If someone offers you 1000 dollars cash or a 1200 $EV spot you take the 1200 $EV spot every time unless the variance is ridiculous.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    If someone offers you 1000 dollars cash or a 1200 $EV spot you take the 1200 $EV spot every time unless the variance is ridiculous.

so what your saying is i need to run all my poker decision by you guys because i still don't understand whats going on ????
  • six tables of nl200. easy game