Car buying tips

2»

Comments

• Does anyone know a good site or where to go if you want to check a certain model's reliability and such?

Also wheels.ca has a few listings of cars from my area, not too bad of a site, just saw a ad in my local paper for it and checked it out, so it will be helpful when/if I am ready to proceed.
  • I found my car through wheels.ca as well, good site.

I used consumerreports.org to check out the reliability, piggybacked on a friend's sign-in. I like the fact that they're unbiased, and break down the ratings by category, ie engine major/engine minor/transmission/audio/etc. I think a one-month subscription is something like 6 bucks. Sometimes hard to find out exactly why one aspect of the car got a "poor" rating, but the breadth of the info is great.

Honestly didn't even look for another site to check out reliability, perhaps someone has an alternative...
  • If you were to get a good leasing rate, perhaps I would consider it, I like the idea, of later on, after 2 years or 3 of getting a new car, don't think I would buy the car of them then. Depends on how much variety you want.... I don't have problems with buying used cars, even beyond 100k km german cars still perform fine.
  • davidmil wrote: »
    If you were to get a good leasing rate, perhaps I would consider it, I like the idea, of later on, after 2 years or 3 of getting a new car, don't think I would buy the car of them then. Depends on how much variety you want.... I don't have problems with buying used cars, even beyond 100k km german cars still perform fine.

Yes, I think, as you said, this is good, to do, also, don't forget to lock, the car when, you go to, the store.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Yes, I think, as you said, this is good, to do, also, don't forget to lock, the car when, you go to, the store.

We beat up on em when they don't punctuate, and we beat up on em for too much punctuation... lol... we are a very supportive forum.. :)
    nicely done tho..
  • Spring time bump!

Wow this thread is older than I thought, but starting to look again now but still probably a lil ways off yet, but just incase anyone else wants to see the info ITT or has anymore tips.