VIP Poker Tour: No Limit Hold'em Cash Game

No Limit Hold’em Cash Game :
Tuesday, September 7, 2010 5:00pm (Repeat on every Tuesday)
Saturday, September 11, 2010 4:00pm (Repeat on every Saturday)

RSVP online: http://www.meetup.com/VIP-Poker-Tour;
Email: roger_pu@rogers.com; Phone: (647) 299-5376

Comments

• For those in the area, this is the best home game I have ever been to. The rake (if you can call it that) is only $2 a hand and is only to cover expenses. There is food served, about two hours after starting, and lots to drink (alcohol and non alcohol).

I wouldn't call it an underground game and the play varies from very good to very fishy. It is $1/$2 NL with a min buy in of $100 and max of $300. When I was there on Saturday, there were 20 players on two tables for most of the night.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but playing poker where there is a rake AND alcohol served exponentially increases the odds of you getting busted by the popo
  • I would very much doubt the popo would be interested in this game. It's only two tables and the rake is clearly just to cover the hosts expenses, not to make a profit.
    If you saw the house this game is in, you would know the host doesn't need the money.
  • anyone interested in 1/2 should check out the VIP Poker Tour game tomorrow night in Richmond Hill. There are already 19 players signed up for the game tomorrow and it should run all night. The game on Sat. finished around 5am. Its $300 max so it is a pretty deep game. More details are available on the meetup group site.

Games are now Weds and Sat nights (instead of Tues as noted in OP).
  • Might have to check out the cash game again. Apparently the max buyin has been increased to $400, which for a 1/2 game is pretty deep. With nominal rake, its probably the best option in the GTA right now. Top notch venue as well.

Too bad it only runs twice a week.
  • For those that like a bigger game than 1/2, Roger has now split the action into a 1/2 and 2/5 table. Rake is still $2 max for 2/5.
  • sounds incredible!
  • still on tilt from last week; going to be an action game tonight...

2/5 has been running steady the last couple weeks on Wed nights. Likely two full tables by 8pm.