Sunday Kaberle Thread

Soooooo, the day is here... finally...

Who thinks he will stay, and who thinks he will go? And if he goes, who comes back in return??

Comments

• reibs wrote: »
    Soooooo, the day is here... finally...

Who thinks he will stay, and who thinks he will go? And if he goes, who comes back in return??
    I hope he stays. IMO he's a solid defenceman but his contract is out of kilter like a lot of players in the league...
  • He stays but I would rather seem him go
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    I hope he stays. IMO he's a solid defenceman but his contract is out of kilter like a lot of players in the league...

No, hes very affordable at 4.5. Comparables in the league are like 5.5-7 so his contract is what makes him desirable.

Yes, I would like to see him extended, simply because he WANTS to play here. But they'll trade him tonight, for something less desirable than what is ideal, like a Malone or Ribeiro, as if these types of players cant be signed through free agency.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    No, hes very affordable at 4.5. Comparables in the league are like 5.5-7 so his contract is what makes him desirable.

Yes, I would like to see him extended, simply because he WANTS to play here. But they'll trade him tonight, for something less desirable than what is ideal, like a Malone or Ribeiro, as if these types of players cant be signed through free agency.
    Read in the paper that Ribeiro has been offered to every team in the league and noone wants him. I can't see him going anywhere. Bieska from Van is also being shopped around.
  • I agree his contract is one of the up sides. I dont have a problem with keeping him, as he is a solid pp guy. My thinking though is that with Schenn and Gunnarsons contracts coming up, that there is no room left to sign him. And I def do not want to see another mats sundin saga .... so I hope he is traded...

And I really really hope that burke can swing a deal for like a bobby ryan type player, but i think this is far stretched...
    I agree his contract is one of the up sides. I dont have a problem with keeping him, as he is a solid pp guy. My thinking though is that with Schenn and Gunnarsons contracts coming up, that there is no room left to sign him. And I def do not want to see another mats sundin saga .... so I hope he is traded...

And I really really hope that burke can swing a deal for like a bobby ryan type player, but i think this is far stretched...

Malone is likely out as TBY does not want to give him up.
    I agree his contract is one of the up sides. I dont have a problem with keeping him, as he is a solid pp guy. My thinking though is that with Schenn and Gunnarsons contracts coming up, that there is no room left to sign him. And I def do not want to see another mats sundin saga .... so I hope he is traded...

Ryan or the like wont happen straight up.

The question is, would you keep Kaberle and deal Schenn for a Ryan package?

i would.......

i would.......

I would also do this, but I also really don't think that will happen either, but who knows
  • I also didn't think it was possible to get a quality d man in Phanuef for a bunch of spare parts... nor did I think it was possible to move blake's awful contract.... and we still managed to get a cup proven goaltender! Burke is a god!

i would.......

Im not sure I would be happy about doing this... I see it as a sideways move, rather than a move that would be beneficial... people claim the way to build is through defense first. Not to mention, Schenn is the first leafs draft pick that leafs nation can get excited about in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time....I think he needs to stay for now.... Him, Kessel and Kadri are probably the only untouchables ....

On a side note, I hope D'Amigo plays for the rangers this season! But I think he stated he doesn't have any interest in doing so... :bs:
    Im not sure I would be happy about doing this... I see it as a sideways move, rather than a move that would be beneficial... people claim the way to build is through defense first. Not to mention, Schenn is the first leafs draft pick that leafs nation can get excited about in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time....I think he needs to stay for now.... Him, Kessel and Kadri are probably the only untouchables ....

On a side note, I hope D'Amigo plays for the rangers this season! But I think he stated he doesn't have any interest in doing so... :bs:
    D'Amigo will play were Burkie tells him to play . lol
    I know Burke covets a top 3 forward and it's not AND I SAY NOT a good idea to start trading more draft picks away.
    Making big deals for guys who only have 20 career goals and a gazillion mins in penalties is not going to help either.
    He has to deal with what he has . Kaberle as much as I like him has to fetch a top 3 forward.
    I am sure Ryan Malone would love to come here. At least he knows his pay cheque isn't going to bounce.^-^
    Making big deals for guys who only have 20 career goals and a gazillion mins in penalties is not going to help either.

Doesnt this almost fit the description of Malone?

A career 20 goal scorer? We already signed Malone earlier this offseason.

Only his name is Colby Armstrong.
    Doesnt this almost fit the description of Malone?

A career 20 goal scorer? We already signed Malone earlier this offseason.

Only his name is Colby Armstrong.

Sort of but as the world turns in Toronto very few 20 goal scorers who come here score that again. Why Is This ?
    Exceptions to the rule that I can think of, An old teammate of mine from my midget hockey days, Mike Gartner, Killer Doug Gilmour, Mats Sundin just to name a couple.
  • Kaberle is not worth any top 3 forward. Be realistic here.
    Sort of but as the world turns in Toronto very few 20 goal scorers who come here score that again. Why Is This ?
    Exceptions to the rule that I can think of, An old teammate of mine from my midget hockey days, Mike Gartner, Killer Doug Gilmour, Mats Sundin just to name a couple.
    You played with those three in midget?
  • pokerdro wrote: »
    Kaberle is not worth any top 3 forward. Be realistic here.

I think whats meant here is, a top three forward on the leafs, not a league top three forward... Heck if Burke moved Kaberle to the forward line, he would be a top three forward on the leafs... Can't think of three better at the moment...
  • compuease wrote: »
    You played with those three in midget?
    Mike Gartner. A Barrie Boy done good. Doug Shedden was also on that team.
    Kaberle is not worth any top 3 forward. Be realistic here.
    Must be a HABS fan lol
    Must be a HABS fan lol

Nope a Wings Fan!! I would have more respect for the HABS they at least field a team that is somewhat competitive and have won a Cup or two in my lifetime. :)

compuease wrote: »
    I think whats meant here is, a top three forward on the leafs, not a league top three forward... Heck if Burke moved Kaberle to the forward line, he would be a top three forward on the leafs... Can't think of three better at the moment...

That makes sense now. I default to my team and think top 3 forward and laugh if they were to trade Franzen for Kaberle.
    Nope a Wings Fan!! I would have more respect for the HABS they at least field a team that is somewhat competitive and have won a Cup or two in my lifetime. :)

That makes sense now. I default to my team and think top 3 forward and laugh if they were to trade Franzen for Kaberle.
    Personally I hate the Habs as it is my God Given right to do so. It's just like a habs Fans God Given Right to hate the Leafs. This is also a big part of Hockey's oldest rivalry.
    The problem with the Leafs is simple.
    Old wierd Harold owned the team from the early 7o's until he finally croaked and he did not give a shit as long as the rink was full and the merchandise was flying off the shelves. Gm after Gm traded first round draft picks away and when Harold was pissed traded the Captain and his buddies.
    Steve Stavro took over. He had a good run as the team became competitive under Pat Quinn.
    The teachers pension fund took over and once again fucked things up letting retarded morons run the team and hiring Goofy JFJr as a Gm and look were we are now.
    Burkie will fix it. We just have to be patient a little longer. Groan.....
  • Yawn same ole same ole.

(This is a GTA poker type post.) :P

Really? Maybe you should check and see who won ALL of the Toronto vs Detroit matchups from last year.... Pre season AND reg season....

Just sayin....

And detroit is my second favourite team....
    Really? Maybe you should check and see who won ALL of the Toronto vs Detroit matchups from last year.... Pre season AND reg season....

Just sayin....

And detroit is my second favourite team....

I know who did. I was at the games minue the one on Royal Cup Saturday last November. You can actually extend it to opening night in 08 when they beat Detroit at the Banner raising opening night. Unfortunately for the Leafs one game doesn't make a season. Anyways Burke made awise decision keeping Kaberle because he is at least worth more then the 3rd round pick that he was offered but not worth a top forward. Maybe he can go to the Wings for Bertuzzi but that might even be pushing it.

Nice to see the hockey season just around the corner and all the Leaf faithful enjoying the preseason. You have a lot of passion and have been robbed of a team for ages but maybe this year is the year. LOL.
    I know who did. I was at the games minue the one on Royal Cup Saturday last November. You can actually extend it to opening night in 08 when they beat Detroit at the Banner raising opening night. Unfortunately for the Leafs one game doesn't make a season. Anyways Burke made awise decision keeping Kaberle because he is at least worth more then the 3rd round pick that he was offered but not worth a top forward. Maybe he can go to the Wings for Bertuzzi but that might even be pushing it.

Nice to see the hockey season just around the corner and all the Leaf faithful enjoying the preseason. You have a lot of passion and have been robbed of a team for ages but maybe this year is the year. LOL.

Whoa, hold on here... No one suggested this year would be the year... other than Psychic Nikky on the Edge... lol

I for one, wished he was traded for what Burke was asking for (a top 6 forward). If Malone was the best offer, I am glad we kept him...

Looking forward to seeing the newest leafs in action this year, but most of all Kadri.... Should be a better year this year in leafland I think....
    Whoa, hold on here... No one suggested this year would be the year... other than Psychic Nikky on the Edge... lol

I for one, wished he was traded for what Burke was asking for (a top 6 forward). If Malone was the best offer, I am glad we kept him...

Looking forward to seeing the newest leafs in action this year, but most of all Kadri.... Should be a better year this year in leafland I think....

I was not trying to imply you were saying that. I am just generalizing what I usually hear this time of year until mid Nov.
  • Dro, not sure how big of a fan u are, or how long you have been watchin the wings, but....

This is my Grandfather... Pretty impressive career until he joined the players that tried forming the NHLPA...Two cups and a Lady Bing

Earl Reibel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty cool two years ago (after gpa passed) we went to the Joe and watched a game vs the avs. The ushers took us to the "Alumni Hall" which is a bar that is on ice level, where all the wives and kids spend their time during the games. The amount of 75 year old security guards they had there was insane! LOL Just outside the alumni hall, they have painted the names of all the players that were on the team in '54-'55 when they won the cup.
    Dro, not sure how big of a fan u are, or how long you have been watchin the wings, but....

This is my Grandfather... Pretty impressive career until he joined the players that tried forming the NHLPA...Two cups and a Lady Bing

Earl Reibel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty cool two years ago (after gpa passed) we went to the Joe and watched a game vs the avs. The ushers took us to the "Alumni Hall" which is a bar that is on ice level, where all the wives and kids spend their time during the games. The amount of 75 year old security guards they had there was insane! LOL Just outside the alumni hall, they have painted the names of all the players that were on the team in '54-'55 when they won the cup.

That is pretty cool man. I am a pretty big fan. I grew up in Sarnia and the battle ground was 50/50 Toronto and Detroit and I took the Wings side. As you know they had some bad teams in the 80s but they finally came to life in the 90s and I have been blessed ever since. Everytime they are eliminated it is a quiet night in my house. I catch about 3 or 4 games a year, mainly playoff games. I went to game 5 of Cup final 2 years ago when they blew out the Pens. Too bad they couldn't finish the deal. I know the area you are talking about and that is why I enjoy the JLA. Old buildings have a lot of character and memorys. I love getting to the games early and walk the halls. Nice write up on your grandfather. Only person to dethrone Gordie Howe, very impressive.
    I went to game 5 of Cup final 2 years ago when they blew out the Pens.

Im very jealous. I haven't yet been to an NHL playoff game...