Huge reductions in tournament guarantees

2»

Comments

• The actual business merge will be completed by Thurs, who knows when the actual poker sites will be.

Bonus code didn't work for me, funny it doesn't say invalid code or anything, you still proceed with the deposit but nothing shows up on your bonus account.
  • Even the employees don't know what will happen to them or who will be laid off from the consolidations, so they have no idea if or when the player pool will be combined. Meanwhile, the vicious circle at Party continues of reduced guarantees which makes people stop playing which puts downward pressure on guarantees and so on.... :arghh: For the first time in a while, iPoker has now taken over the #3 spot from Party according to Pokerscout. Traffic is down a whopping 23% from a year ago! :o

What Party needs to do is put a moratorium on the reductions and make the merging of the players ASAP a top priority.
    westside8 wrote: »
    Has the merge took place yet? If yes, has the field size been affected?
  • PartyPoker has a $100 reload bonus expiring midnight tonight with bonus code 'BARCELONA'.

"Bonus code: BARCELONA
    Total bonus offer: $100.00 USD
    Delivery method
    10 installments of $10.00 USD

Release 1 - $10.00 USD
    Released in 10 equal installments of $10.00 USD. Each installment is issued when:
    60 Standard Points on PartyPoker.com
    Expiry date
    30 days - 28-Jun-2011"

Unfortunately, this most +EV site for me continues to get worse with plummeting guarantees and buggy software updates. :(
  • yea ok, party poker has me soooo tilted. My $530 highroller didn't open up today and I didn't notize until I was blinded down to 20BB, all the while playing the 250k gtd the entire time. I call up their support, and they basically say "problem on your end, you disconnected, sorry!" even though I was still in their 215 the entire time as well as probably 12 other tourneys across 6 sites and def didn't disconnect or at least not a full on disconnect, maybe lag. Pretty sure tilt and stars have given me back a combined 3-4k of buyins over the past 3 years for these same software issues, siiigh.
  • The problem is that many of PartyPoker's tournament lobbies don't update properly since the improperly tested software update on Thursday. Since the lobby doesn't refresh, players have naturally thought that the tournament's indefinitely suspended but it is actually running! Party cost you $530+ because of its buggy update, NOT because of any disconnection or fault on your end.

The blind levels, number of players left, prize payouts, etc. in the lobby are often wrong, so you lose money making decisions based on the out-of-date information displayed! :rage: Until Party fixes the lobby in its next buggy update, an inconvenient workaround is to keep closing and re-opening the lobby in order to force the information to be refreshed.

If online continues to get worse, I may have to go back to playing live for the first time in years!
    Vekked wrote: »
    yea ok, party poker has me soooo tilted. My $530 highroller didn't open up today and I didn't notize until I was blinded down to 20BB, all the while playing the 250k gtd the entire time. I call up their support, and they basically say "problem on your end, you disconnected, sorry!" even though I was still in their 215 the entire time
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    If online continues to get worse, I may have to go back to playing live for the first time in years!
    It's buggy too.
    The problem is that many of PartyPoker's tournament lobbies don't update properly since the improperly tested software update on Thursday. Since the lobby doesn't refresh, players have naturally thought that the tournament's indefinitely suspended but it is actually running! Party cost you $530+ because of its buggy update, NOT because of any disconnection or fault on your end.

Exactly. I was on the phone with support for an hour trying to explain to them why this is a pretty big issue, especially when it happens for their highest stakes weekly tournament. They're trying to say that it's my fault for playing too many tables and not noticing. Yes, that may be a valid argument if you're talking about some random lowstakes tournament where 98% of the field is 1-tabling casual players, but this is a tournament that's populated by a lot of multi-tabling pro players, are you seriously going to tell people who represent .5% of the field each that it's their fault they play too many tables and don't realize every time a game doesn't start when it should? Seems like a good way to alienate highstakes tournament players.

Try a different site.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Try a different site.
    When that day eventually comes that PartyPoker Palladium is no longer my most +EV option, FTP would have been my next choice to grind, but it looks like all of online poker is on the decline. :(

Meanwhile, I may as well document the downward cycle at Party Pooper. Even though today's $250,000 Guaranteed Sunday was met, next Sunday's guarantee has been drastically reduced by $50,000 or 20% to only $200K! What's even worse is that there are also huge guarantee reductions for many of the qualifiers, e.g.,

- 75% reduction to only 1 seat for the 12:55 qualifier
    - 67% reduction to only 1 Seat Gtd for the 09:45 qualifier (used to be $300K Gtd Sunday Qualifier Rebuy Seven Seats Gtd!)
    - 60% reduction to only 2 seats for the 15:05 qualifier (was 9 seats at one point!)
    - 50% reduction to only 1 seat for the 19:35 qualifier (was 5 seats at 1 point!)
    - 40% reduction to only 3 seats for the 12:45 qualifier (was 15 seats at 1 point!), etc.

Just like the previous drastic reductions for qualifiers killed off the Monthly Million, these horrible changes will kill the $250K guarantee. :'(

P.S. Any news yet about the 2012 Fallsview Poker Classic and satellites?
  • After PartyPoker ended the rake-free promotion abruptly and the Summer Million Guaranteed changed from no-rake $640+0 back to $600+$40, they continue to make things worse. There is no future $1 million guaranteed tournament scheduled and ALL the daily qualifiers have disappeared! :rage:

My sessions usually start with a satellite but with so many daily tournaments MIA, I stopped playing for now. Unless Party schedules the next $1 million tournament along with all its qualifiers soon, the traffic they gained from the 100% rakeback promotion will disappear too.

Don't be surprised if I post a LIVE trip report or BAP at some point.