Reminder: Practice Tournament Mar 30

This is a reminder that I've organized a $2 buy-in tournament (NLHE) at iPoker.net for tonight (Mar 30) at 8:30pm Eastern.

This tournament is called "Pokerforum" and has password "vvpatten".

Everyone is welcome to play. There are no prizes for the practice tournament, but it's technically a real cash tournament (payoffs to top 3, 50%-30%-20%).

Every registered member (regardless of registration date) is eligible to play in the main (the one with prizes) tournament next week (Tues Apr 6, 8:30pm Eastern). If you're interested in the main tournament, you must Private Message me with your iPoker username if you haven't done so already.

The full details are at

Online Poker Talk -> First Pokerforum.ca Tournament

Good luck!

ScottyZ

Comments

• has anyone confirmed they'll be coming tonight?
  • I'll be there. (thus eliminating the other option of being "square")

hork.
  • So far, there are 9 people for the main tournament (including me). Of those nine, 4 people said they were also interested in the practice tournament, nobody said they weren't interested, and 5 didn't say.

Of course, anyone is welcome to play in the practice tournament whether or not you've previously indicated an interest.

ScottyZ
  • I will be there tonight(and next week) also. Scotty, Did you reply to people who pm 'ed you about the game? I didn't wat to pm you again, but I wasn't sure you got the message.

J
  • No, I didn't reply to anyone's PM yet. Anyone can join tonight's practice tourrnament.

Before Friday (deadline for PM-ing me for entry into the main tournament), I'll post the complete list of people who are have signed up for the main tournament so that everyone can verify that I got their message.

ScottyZ
  • Are there enough for more than a sit and go tonight :)?
  • are there rebuys? I just registered for tonight and it said to make sure I had enough $ in my account in case I wanted to purchase more chips.

Unless that's just the generic message they use for all tourneys...?

hork.
  • ahh... and then I click on the Tournament Info button and answer my own question.... :)

No rebuys.
  • Yeah, no rebuys for the first tournament. I just chose the minimum buy-in ($2) for these tournaments this time, since the main idea is to play for the prizes (in the main tournament).

If a lot of people end up liking playing at iPoker, we can always get some larger private cash tournaments (with or without rebuys) going later on if people want to.

ScottyZ
  • Results of the practice tournament:

1. Jeremy
    2. ScottyZ
    3. rroarr
    4. sloth
    5. hork42

Congrats Jeremy!

The last hand Jeremy's AK vs my sad looking AQ. 8)

Thanks to those who participated, and see you in the main prize tournament next week.

ScottyZ
  • Thankyou, Thankyou, no applause please. I couldn't have done it without you. 8)
  • On another note, I expected more interest in this practice game. I thought it was a great idea, since it would let people get used to the site(and, maybe get a leg up on the competition!). Anyway, it was fun, and I hope that the "real" one is going to do well. Nicely played guys.
  • I'll try and be there for the next one, I was a little confused about what was going on with this one (changing dates) but I stayed out mostly because I'm still more dead money than I'd like to be :wink:
  • I was a little confused about what was going on with this one (changing dates)

Yeah, sorry about the confusion. I know there are probably a lot of old (now out of date) posts to wade through.

Here's the most up-to-date story for the main tournament:

EVERY registered member may enter. This tournament has real prizes in addition to the (small) tournament cash winnings.

If you want to play, PM me your iPoker username by this Friday, Apr 2. This does *not* obligate you to play (you can simply not enter the iPoker tournament), but it is required in order to play since this is a private tournament. You've got to be "on the list". 8)

The actual tournament is Tues, Apr 6 at 8:30pm Eastern. It's a $2 buy-in (no re-buys) tournament at www.iPoker.net. So, you'll need to be sure to have $2 of real money in your iPoker account by the time of the actual tournament.

ScottyZ
  • On another note, I expected more interest in this practice game. I thought it was a great idea, since it would let people get used to the site

Well, it was very useful for me since I got to learn exactly how to get the tournament organized with iPoker. It's not rocket science or anything, but I think it was still worth it to give it a dry run. As a player, I thought it was also a good chance to get used to the controls too.
    (and, maybe get a leg up on the competition!)

Don't worry, I'll play way different next time. 8)

ScottyZ
  • Looks like I won't be playing after all.

I had trouble registering my account, so I used their Live Chat service. I typed my problem, then had to wait 10 minutes for an answer then just as I finished making another comment, the support guy left.
    * Please enter your question below and press the send button. We will be with you shortly.
    customer: I'm trying to register an account. I enter my birthdate of March 8th, 1986 and hit submit, but the page comes back to me saying "You must be at least 18."
    * Your chat session has been established.
    wilson: Most North American cities restrict 21 years old from gambling.
    customer: i havent had a problem registering at partypoker.com
    * wilson has left the session.
    * Your chat session has ended.

Oh well, you'll see me over at Party playing in the 1/2$ rooms as Blindness :roll:
  • Too bad. I believe that you technically do need to be 21 to play from North America at most online poker sites. This nomally has nothing to do with your local law... it's simply set out in the online poker sites' user agreements. Although the *motivation* is that you have to be some kind of "age of majority", I believe there is no international online gambling law to that effect; however there *is* international law governing the use of software. (But the fact that iPoker does not actually use client software makes this issue more fuzzy...)

To be honest, I never even filled out my age correctly during the iPoker registration, since at the time I registered, I was just "browsing" and mashing my keyboard to register instead of entereing my real info. I think iPoker thinks I was born in 1954 or something.

ScottyZ
  • Sounds ok, I will check it out....why ipoker.net??
    everyone deposited money in Ipoker to play this event??
    How many you think will be in the main?
    Kev
  • why ipoker.net??

It seemed to be the only site I could find where it was easy (and, compared to many cases, possible) to set up private tournaments.
    How many you think will be in the main?

So far 10 players are signed up, and 5 players from that list actually played in yesterday's real money tournament on iPoker.

ScottyZ