good rule or bad?

what do you guys think about a rule for online poker that sets a short time limit (say 2-5 minutes) after which a person who is sitting out is booted from the table if their stack is shorter than the max buy-in for the table? if they have a more than the max, then i could probably tolerate them sitting out longer (but not indefinitely).

not sure if there is such a rule in place. i just got tired of a guy sitting out for what was about half an hour with a stack slightly over half the max buy-in. better to replace him with someone who wants to play. it's better for the other players and the poker site obviously.

Comments

• trigs wrote: »
    what do you guys think about a rule for online poker that sets a short time limit (say 2-5 minutes) after which a person who is sitting out is booted from the table if their stack is shorter than the max buy-in for the table? if they have a more than the max, then i could probably tolerate them sitting out longer (but not indefinitely).

not sure if there is such a rule in place. i just got tired of a guy sitting out for what was about half an hour with a stack slightly over half the max buy-in. better to replace him with someone who wants to play. it's better for the other players and the poker site obviously.

I'd rather be able to sit on a big stack for a longer period.
    This allows me to take a dinner break/deal with real life etc.
  • Maybe it's changed but...

I thought P* and FTP took you off a table if you missed 2 full orbits?

Mark
  • There's no reason to sit out of an online game for more than 5 mins. If you're going to be any longer, just leave the table. It's not like you can't get another seat at another table later. If you hunted around for a nice juicy table, and found one, you shouldn't be sitting out! Eat your meal at the computer, just like live players do!
  • There's no reason to sit out of an online game for more than 5 mins. If you're going to be any longer, just leave the table. It's not like you can't get another seat at another table later. If you hunted around for a nice juicy table, and found one, you shouldn't be sitting out! Eat your meal at the computer, just like live players do!

Desktop + Digestive system disproves this post.

Mark
  • My question would be, why do you care? Unless the person is preventing you from getting onto an especially juicy table, I do not see the point of getting your panties in a bunch over such a trivial issue.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Desktop + Digestive system disproves this post.

Mark

Diapers biatch, Diapers.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Maybe it's changed but...

I thought P* and FTP took you off a table if you missed 2 full orbits?

Mark

oh i didn't know that. that's not too bad then i guess (although i wouldn't mind seeing it higher for big stacks).

yeah, this is how i feel as well.
  • Milo wrote: »
    My question would be, why do you care? Unless the person is preventing you from getting onto an especially juicy table, I do not see the point of getting your panties in a bunch over such a trivial issue.

thanks for the kind words and reminding me why i haven't posted in this forum for months.

i feel that from my original post you can see that i was not terribly upset about the issue. i was merely making a suggestion that i thought could benefit most parties involved.
  • trigs wrote: »
    thanks for the kind words and reminding me why i haven't posted in this forum for months.

i feel that from my original post you can see that i was not terribly upset about the issue. i was merely making a suggestion that i thought could benefit most parties involved.

Amen!;):)
  • Milo wrote: »
    My question would be, why do you care? Unless the person is preventing you from getting onto an especially juicy table, I do not see the point of getting your panties in a bunch over such a trivial issue.

For the same reason it tilts the shiite out of me when someone does it in a live game format.

But online they do kick you off the table after a certain timeframe.