Mobile Internet Stick

Ok, I'm a little pissed.

Internet went down at home last night when I was on the final table bubble of a tourney.......not sure where I finished, but I'm sure I lost about $500 in equity.

Decided I'm going to splurge and get a mobile internet plan to use for emergencies like this.

Who's the best to go with (ie. Telus or Rogers)?

Anyone have any idea how much data would be involved in online poker. Ie. 4 tabling for 4 hours?

Comments

• Actually was thinking about this also,n1 t8!
  • I used my iPhone once and it was quite reasonable esp for an emergency.

See this post
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I used my iPhone once and it was quite reasonable esp for an emergency.

See this post

Tks Hobbes......looking to upgrade my phone anyhow. And that answers how much data will be used as well.
  • If you do jailbreak your iPhone, there are apps to use for tethering such that you will use data off your plan, and won't be charged for data by using it like a modem.

I personally have a Teksavvy DSL Plan ($27.99/mo for ulmtd bandwidth, uses Bell Services) and have a Rogers Lite Cable Modem as my backup.
  • Tilter wrote: »
    If you do jailbreak your iPhone, there are apps to use for tethering such that you will use data off your plan, and won't be charged for data by using it like a modem.

I personally have a Teksavvy DSL Plan ($27.99/mo for ulmtd bandwidth, uses Bell Services) and have a Rogers Lite Cable Modem as my backup.

I don't pay for tethering, just use data off my plan.
  • I have Bell Lite-Hi Speed as my backup internet and am thinking of switching to the Stick as well. Good idea? I could use it when teaching, too, so I don't have to put up with Board filtered internet :(
  • I've played poker as a backup on my laptop tethering off my Blackberry with no issues - can't speak for extended play though.