Attitude

Think I may have turned a corner last night. Noodling around in a cash game on Stars ($10NL) when I am dealt QQ in the cut-off. One player limps UTG, so I raise 4xBB. All fold to the UTG who raises to $1.25. I call.

Flop comes AAQ. Villain bets out for $1.75, I raise to $5.00, figuring if he has Quads or AQ, well, goodie for him. He shoves, I call. He has A9o. Of course the turn brings his 9 to take the pot, but that is not why I posted this.

Ordinarily, I would have logged out right away, and steamed for the rest of the night. But not last night. With what I had left, I played to my big blind (gave him the obligatory "NH"), and then left the table. I played a SnG afterwards for a min-cash, and then logged off. I was not upset, nor was I in any way ticked off about how I played the hand. Maybe I should be, but I accomplished what I set out to do with the hand, namely trap a player on a lone Ace. He hit his gin card, but I would do it again tonight.
We'll see how things go, moving forward, but I think I made a (small) breakthrough last night.

Comments

• That's not that small a breakthrough, learning to play a stress free game is really difficult imo
  • Milo wrote: »
    We'll see how things go, moving forward, but I think I made a (small) breakthrough last night.

It's called getting old... :)
    .... I raise to $5.00, figuring if he has Quads or AQ, well, goodie for him.

this is where the good attitude started.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    That's not that small a breakthrough, learning to play a stress free game is really difficult imo

is easy in bc......:p....

i stress sometimes but great thread
  • Thanks for the feedback, guys . . . and Jeff? I am old. Not walk with the dinosaurs, autographed copy of the Bible "old", but old nonetheless.
  • Nice job Milo. As Richard says, playing a stress free game is certainly not an easy task. I almost never play anything over $6 sng and over the past several months I've noticed a much larger influx of idiots playing at these levels. Not sure what that's about. What matters is that I am no longer walking away in some kind of a rage spiral, swearing at my computer and having to go outside for a smoke to calm down when I get sucked out on. GF and dogs did not like these displays whatsoever.

It took alot of patience to get to the point where you can just shake your head and calmly walk away, so I say good for you. Sometimes I think playing online poker teaches you various skills that are very transferable to other areas of your life as well.
  • Yes, "Zen" Milo may still suck at poker (overall), but he will be able to handle the losses with more equanimity . . . :D
    Yes, "Zen" Milo may still suck at poker (overall), but he will be able to handle the losses with more equanimity . . . :D

Guess with the shaved head you are more like ....

david_carradine_kungfu.jpg

minus the kinky sex of course (or maybe not :D )
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    That's not that small a breakthrough, learning to play a stress free game is really difficult imo

you mean there's a way to save my keyboard?
  • Patience, Grasshopper. when you can grab this stack of chips without disturbing the others . . . where are my chips? Has anyone seen my chip-stack?

DARRYL !!!!!
  • Well done, but remember; the real break through will come when you can stop doing the naked monkey dance when you spike that 3-outer on the river for the chip lead!

Good luck!
  • Well done, but remember; the real break through will come when you can stop doing the naked monkey dance when you spike that 3-outer on the river for the chip lead!

Good luck!

It was two outs, and I was wearing a thong . . . uh, . . . never mind. :-[