Bot Ring on PokerStars

Bot Ring Discovered On PokerStars

PokerTableRatings has uncovered overwhelming evidence that 10 accounts on PokerStars are being run by computer programs (and not humans). Collectively, they have played at least 8,320,121 hands at the $.25/$.50, $.5/$1 and $1/$2 NL levels, generated $186,572 in rake, and made $57,839 in profit (not including VIP benefits).
:rage:

Comments

• So you among others owe me a sorry.

Look who was right like what 2 years ago i first started saying shit was going to go down at stars and everybody said oh nooooooo they are perfect.

Colluder ring, raising rake, now gotta get licenses for different country's and now a bot ring.

Not looking good for the pokerz.:)
  • Link to story doesn't work. I'm sure the article's still on there somewhere.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »

PokerTableRatings has uncovered overwhelming evidence that 10 accounts on PokerStars are being run by computer programs (and not humans). Collectively, they have played at least 8,320,121 hands at the $.25/$.50, $.5/$1 and $1/$2 NL levels, generated $186,572 in rake, and made $57,839 in profit (not including VIP benefits).

Anyone have any hands with those bots? How do they play?
  • Anyone have any hands with those bots? How do they play?
    Like Philli....
  • philliivey wrote: »
    So you among others owe me a sorry.

Look who was right like what 2 years ago i first started saying shit was going to go down at stars and everybody said oh nooooooo they are perfect.

Meh even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.
  • Anyone have any hands with those bots? How do they play?

Pretty straight forward, I'd say. Just as any ABC player can beat these low limits so can any bot. Once you move up in limits where more players know what the hell they are doing bots are far less successful.

Excellent articles here on making a bot

How I Built a Working Poker Bot, Part 1
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Meh even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Hi negmike!:p
  • If anyone is arrogant or naive enough to believe there is never ever any type of cheating going on in online poker probably should not play at all. No site is an exception to this, as we have all seen. You make the choice to play each time you log on, and should be aware of the risks involved. Either suck it up and let them deal with issues as they come up, or keep it simple and don't play.
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    If anyone is arrogant or naive enough to believe there is never ever any type of cheating going on in online and live poker probably should not play at all.

fyp
  • ^^Indeed
    If anyone is arrogant or naive enough to believe there is never ever any type of cheating going on in online poker probably should not play at all. No site is an exception to this, as we have all seen. You make the choice to play each time you log on, and should be aware of the risks involved. Either suck it up and let them deal with issues as they come up, or keep it simple and don't play.
    Sharantyr wrote: »
    ^^Indeed

Who are you?;)
    If anyone is arrogant or naive enough to believe there is never ever any type of cheating going on in online poker probably should not play at all. No site is an exception to this, as we have all seen. You make the choice to play each time you log on, and should be aware of the risks involved. Either suck it up and let them deal with issues as they come up, or keep it simple and don't play.

Hi Shar . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Hi Shar . . .

Just as this was getting interesting.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »

PokerTableRatings has uncovered overwhelming evidence .....

whats the evidence?
  • Hilarious that this got bumped as I was just at a table in a freeroll where a guy would not STFU about this!
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Hilarious that this got bumped as I was just at a table in a freeroll where a guy would not STFU about this!

Yep.. lots of bots winning those freeroll $$$$.......

and Darbay, if you want the evidence you are welcome to sift through all 107 pages....

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/botters-caught-pokerstars-828016/
  • compuease wrote: »
    Yep.. lots of bots winning those freeroll $$$$.......

and Darbay, if you want the evidence you are welcome to sift through all 107 pages....

Botters caught on Pokerstars - Internet Poker - Online Poker Forum

thank you sir!
  • Got a miniscule refund out of this today.