Damn Yankees

Are probably going to win the Series now . . .
Word out of Florida is that George Steinbrenner just died of a heart attack. Those of you involved in the Dead Pool owe JohnnieH some $$$.

Comments

• Yes the deep pocketed cantankerous and somewhat controversial owner of the New York Yankee$ died as the result of a Massive Heart attack at his home in Tampa Bay this morning.
    I am just wondering if the son wants to continue the tradition of buying pennants and world championships.
  • Why not? The old man's strategy has the Yankees worth more then $1.5 billion USD. That is about 1,000,000% more than he paid for them back in 1973, not a bad return . . .

Okay, the math may be a teensie bit off, but you get the point.
  • Whatever works for them.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Why not? The old man's strategy has the Yankees worth more then $1.5 billion USD. That is about 1,000,000% more than he paid for them back in 1973, not a bad return . . .

Okay, the math may be a teensie bit off, but you get the point.

Only worth 150x what he paid.
  • Close enough for government work . . .
  • I am pretty sure he paid somewhere in the neighbourhood of 10 million for the Yankees.

As far as buying championships. Season ticketholders deserve the best players because the pay top dollar for their tickets. And there is nothing wrong with the way the Yankees do business. Better than what Leaf fans put up with. If good old George had bought the Leafs in the 80's how many cups would we have had before the cap came into place in the NHL.

Prophet 22
  • I am pretty sure he paid somewhere in the neighbourhood of 10 million for the Yankees.

As far as buying championships. Season ticketholders deserve the best players because the pay top dollar for their tickets. And there is nothing wrong with the way the Yankees do business. Better than what Leaf fans put up with. If good old George had bought the Leafs in the 80's how many cups would we have had before the cap came into place in the NHL.

Prophet 22
    Instead of paying $400 or more for a platinum seat it would be a grand.