Feeling Very Old

Just got back from seeing Lighthouse and Randy Bachman! Great shows and way better than Our Lady Peace that I saw last night! Feeling old just now, and a little nostalgic, especially as the aroma of marijuana lingered in the air! Ah... Memories!

Comments

• You feel old? How's this for you? Name the brand of pop (ie Coke, Pepsi, etc.) that had a contest way back when where you had to peel the rubber cap liners off the bottles to reveal pictures of various members of Canadian bands? The deal was that if you got all the members of one band you won a prize. The bands were all Canadian, and the only ones I can remember were:
    The Guess Who
    Edward Bear
    Lighthouse
    Stampeders

I'm off to bed so I'll reveal the answer tomorrow . . . but here's a hint:

It was not Coke or Pepsi . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    You feel old? How's this for you? Name the brand of pop (ie Coke, Pepsi, etc.) that had a contest way back when where you had to peel the rubber cap liners off the bottles to reveal pictures of various members of Canadian bands? The deal was that if you got all the members of one band you won a prize. The bands were all Canadian, and the only ones I can remember were:
    The Guess Who
    Edward Bear
    Lighthouse
    Stampeders

I'm off to bed so I'll reveal the answer tomorrow . . . but here's a hint:

It was not Coke or Pepsi . . .

Pop Shoppe? Vaguely remember this!
  • Winner winner, chicken dinner . . . you would not believe how many Don McDougall caps I had (Guess Who guitarist). Lighthouse was, like 9 guys or something . . .
  • Agreed ^^' went to my girlfriend's friend's 16th birthday party yesterday <.<

Don't kill me
  • Pop Shoppe was the nut.

/thread.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Agreed ^^' went to my girlfriend's friend's 16th birthday party yesterday <.<

Don't kill me

Pedobear.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Agreed ^^' went to my girlfriend's friend's 16th birthday party yesterday <.<

Don't kill me
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Pedobear.

I was going to say solid barg, but ok.
  • hmmmmmmmmmm very interesting, careful about living in the past.:rolleyes2:.

Are you going to folk festival in Orillia?:)

(good luck trying to find parking)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    hmmmmmmmmmm very interesting, careful about living in the past.:rolleyes2:.

Trust me. I live in the now! This is where I am right now!
    83d3ee7a.jpg
  • Trust me. I live in the now! This is where I am right now!
    83d3ee7a.jpg

Nice! So am I:)