Outdoor speaker wiring

So, just wondering if anyone has any opinions/experiences in terms of what to use for outdoor speaker wiring. I've done a little surfing around and it would appear that the options are:

1. Regular speaker wire. Not planning on doing this. I want to do this once as it's going to be a pain in the ass the first time and I don't want to have to replace it if I don't like it.
  2. In wall installation speaker wiring. Slightly thicker shielding, will likely hold up to elements. Seems like a decent idea.
  3. Low voltage outdoor lighting wiring. Rated for UV protection, fairly inexpensive. Again seems like a decent idea.
I gathered most of this info from avs and Digital Home Canada, but I figured we have such a contingent of 'man stuff' kind of guys on here someone has to have tried this.

Anyhoo, if anyone has any other ideas or opinions on the above that'd be great. I have to string this stuff under the deck, through the crawlspace of the house, through a vent, drill a hole in my floor near the amp, etc. thus the 'I only want to do this once' factor. The last time I spent an hour under my house strapping plumbing I came out looking like a mummy because I was wrapped up in so many cobwebs.

Comments

• I used a heavy guage regular wire. 5 Years ago. Drilled holes in the corner of the living room floor then out just above the basement window through the strike plate. Wired along the fence line and then under the outer edge of my deck.
    2 speakers by the hot tub and 2 on the ends of the rear bench on the larger upperdeck. The speakers are cheap Wally Mart outdoor $50.00 a pair but still sound great after 5 yrs.
  • I guess wireless speakers are too expensive an option? I wonder if there are outside ipod docking stations?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I guess wireless speakers are too expensive an option? I wonder if there are outside ipod docking stations?

Decent ones that you can only buy from (Pay Outrageously More Radio )
    Bay Bloor Radio or the other place in the Hammer.
    1st born and yer nutz.