Kitchener NL Hold'em July 17th 3:30pm

2»

Comments

• I will be away till around 1:30 today. If you would like to play, sign up and come on out as I am sure there will be a few more cancellations. I will update list and PM directions when I get home.
  • Hi Dave, I'm not going to be able to make it today. You can take me and +1 off. Mabye next time. Thanks
  • Sadly, I'm also going to have to bail.
  • what do you mean by 60$ freezeout and also where is this tournament hosted like whats the venue?
  • Thanks again for the great day of poker dave,

p.s

I heard somewhere that fifth is the new first. So does that mean im now tied with roger for all time finishes?

Just Saying!
  • yes, a great time

anyone using this thread would want to play a cash game im thinking Wednesday or Thursday nights in the woodstock area PM, I have one full table that can be set up if wed want to do a weekly/bi-weekly thing

thanks
  • Thanks Dave, appreciate the hospitality as always... Another deep run for me, just can't get over the hump....
  • Event 22 has come and gone and we have crowned another new champion on the Holt Poker Tour. flash05, in his third entry here, came away with the title. He won a short heads up battle with newcomer DarkEgg after a long final table battle. DarkEgg was the chip leader for a long portion of the tournament and was able to turn that into his runner up spot. BLAZIN 72, also making his first start here, took down third place.

There were 38 entries in this event. Due to the new "be on time rule", we started the tournament right at 3:30 and everyone in the field was able to start with the maximum 10000 chips. All the feedback I got on this rule was extremely positive and it will now be used at all events at this venue.

We had a whole whack of Forumers here for the first time. New members, DarkEgg, happyhammer6, DR JOHNNY NITRO and getem76 were all playing a Forum posted tournament for the first time. Three familiar faces also played here for the first time. It was awesome to play with Pinhead, BLAZIN 72 and Milo again. I hope all of you are able to make it back here again. It was nice to see a trio make it down from Milton for the day. Your support is always appreciated.

After getting eliminated from the main tournament when his pocket kings got rivered by Cam's pocket nines, djgolfcan absolutely murdered the cash game. I believe, he turned his $50 buy in to well over $400.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this another great event. Mark C. dealt the final table and Brent ran the cash game. Again, it was a very quick clean up after the event. Thank you for putting away your own garbage and recycling throughout the day.

Event 23 is tentatively scheduled for August 14th at 3:30. I hope to see everyone then.

Unofficial Results

38. Theresa
    37. Lee
    36. The Prophet 22
    35. r3m1x
    34. joeheartsdi
    33. Harry
    32. Rodney
    31. Rob W.
    30. Dona
    29. Bill Bean
    28. djgolfcan
    27. Sherrie
    26. Mac
    25. getem76
    24. woog30
    23. Shopsy
    22. Troy
    21. Derrick
    20. Pinhead
    19. Milo
    18. damanj16
    17. Buzzzardd
    16. DR JOHNNY NITRO
    15. lazyant
    14. Nayr_Eh
    13. happyhammer6
    12. Steve W.
    11. Kaye
    10. Mark C.
    9. Lori
    8. Marty
    7. shaznaz75 (Bubble)
    6. compuease ($140)
    5. chrisrowl111 ($180)
    4. beanie42 ($250)
    3. BLAZIN 72 ($340)
    2. DarkEgg ($500)
    1. flash05 ($870)
  • Dave,

Thanks for the having your tournaments, Cam and I had a great day! First with golf which I clear clearly dominated ... then Cam dominated me by finishing 3rd at the poker table and I went out 3rd. It was great golfing before the tournament. I will be there in August Cam cannot come. I think Shopsy is playing again and we will be looking for a twosome to join us for golf before hand.

Prophet 22
  • Dave, was Darkegg the "chatty" kid from Table 1? If so, well done rook . . .

Thx. Also, I was remiss in not adding my thanks for hosting a great tourney. Sadly, I lived down to my tag-line, but I will be back at some point to rob Marty's blinds with abandon . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Dave, was Darkegg the "chatty" kid from Table 1? If so, well done rook . . .

No that was shaznaz75.

DarkEgg started upstairs at Table 4 and by all reports was very deserving of his high finish. Also, he was hungry and somehow got his girlfriend* to bring him over some homemade food in tupperware just as the final table was starting.

*I assume girlfriend cause nobodies wife would ever do it.
  • Thanks Dave - enjoyable first run at your place - will be back - great stuff mate!
  • Hahahaha! I will make sure not to marry this one Dave!!! And we'll see how nice she is when she finds out this poker thing is not just a "phase" LoL.
    Amazing tournament, best hosting I ever seen done and great people!
    I am definitely going to try to attend everyone of them :)
    P.S I knocked shaznaz75 out lol
  • Thanks again Dave !! Well run as always and the cash game after wards was quite simply the most "run good" I have ever had. I took home over $450 from a $50 max buy-in cash game. :0

I will never miss another one of these if I can help it.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Thanks again Dave !! Well run as always and the cash game after wards was quite simply the most "run good" I have ever had. I took home over $450 from a $50 max buy-in cash game. :0

I will never miss another one of these if I can help it.

Esp since your freerolling the rest of the year. :)
    Next time leave your run good at home though, it's only fair to the others.
  • I think i just ran out of luck on that hand lol

Dave thanks for hosting the tourny, will look forward for more in future.
  • $450? this wasnt "brent" on my left when i "got up" that would be very dissapointing, he wanted to play pots with me, but id rather go to battle with something not 73 off suit!! maybe 85 suited or something would be more competitive LOL, i was too nitty anyway!
  • getem76 wrote: »
    $450? this wasnt "brent" on my left when i "got up" that would be very dissapointing, he wanted to play pots with me, but id rather go to battle with something not 73 off suit!! maybe 85 suited or something would be more competitive LOL, i was too nitty anyway!

No, this was Devan who was right across from you, with the Hamilton Tiger Cat hat on. Brent was just to your left and I assume he was partly responsible for the big profit.
  • Well, It didn't hurt that I couldn't fold A-J preflop to Brent's raise and hit the miracle Jack on the flop and turn to take an almost $200 pot down. I still say i had the pot odds :)

Plus flopping three full houses doesn't hurt either.
  • All makes sense now, it wasnt as I was avoiding people, but probably the only player I saw one flop with in about 2 hours, he seemed to take flops in pots I wasnt in and the other way around, such sometimes is poker and position...the hand we played i belive he flopped some kind of K8 off suit full house, that was a insta-fold on the flop!!...quite to look forwards to another/next cash game heh, usually that kind of action/big swings?
  • getem76 wrote: »
    quite to look forwards to another/next cash game heh, usually that kind of action/big swings?
    That was quiet....:D
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    No, this was Devan who was right across from you, with the Hamilton Tiger Cat hat on. Brent was just to your left and I assume he was partly responsible for the big profit.

Actually I don 't remember losing that much to him. There was the hand where we r.
    an it twice and he rivered a straight both times. My a couple of raises but nothing other than that. I lost my money to Joghnny and you.

Prophet 22