Donking off Stars FPPs

I've hadn't played on Stars for a while -- I make around 1k Fpps a day and have just been donking them off on the 280 hyperturbos (they are kinda fun) with an expectation of making $10 at least 1/3 of the time.

Any better way to use these things? I'm thinking the 5400 fpp sats with 4 $215 winners are likely a better value.

Comments

• million dollar turbo takedown
  • moose wrote: »
    million dollar turbo takedown

+1

I won a satellite into this, got the start time wrong and was really short stack when I logged in and still managed to cash,lol

1 in 3 get paid I think, so some value there.
  • wtf is that I'm not in the tourney loop
  • Forgive my ignorance, but what's wrong with the Futureshop gift certificates?!
  • Gutsy wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but what's wrong with the Futureshop gift certificates?!

This also!
  • Gutsy wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but what's wrong with the Futureshop gift certificates?!

I was bored so I thought I'd take a look:

$250 gift cert = 16700fpp = 1.5 cents/point

280 FPP hyperturbos -- average player wins $11 2/6 times and recycles 1/6 times (plus they are fun to play 6 at a time but I guess that doesn't factor into the calculations):

so each 280 FPP entry = 2/6 * 11 + (1/6 * 2/6 * 11) = 428 cents = 1.53 cents/point

I guess they are about the same, but the hyperturbos are more fun than getting a bit of money in the mail and all the money stays in my Stars account for now.

each 5400 FPP entry = 4/10 * 215 = 8600 cents = 1.59 cents per point

So not much difference anywhere and banging the hypers is super fun (that's what she said) since I don't play much holdem at all anymore and has much less variance than playing the 5400s.