Health Issues

So I am not good at explaining this kind of stuff but I am starting to get worried about this.

So the short story of it is When I lay down and through the night it feels like I am short of breath almost feels like I can't get enough air somewhat(actually feeling it right now, but I was cleaning like crazy)and awake like half the night.

I looked at google and the most likely from what I read or already thought it is

1)heart failure or lung failure.

2)asthma

3)sleep apnea

4)panic attacks

5)allergies

So it could be any of those for me or more then 1 thing, so I am thinking of going to the doctor,about time for my 5 year visit anyway:o but I am sneezing more and my eyes are bothering me so that's why I just did a clean up of my room trying to find causes of this.

Heart problems I can see and would not be surprised from all the stress I have gone through the last 10 years or so and have a stressful situation coming up and not eating very good I can see me not having many more years left.

Asthma could be a possibility cause it sure feels like it! and sleep apnea could be it also as I have been having trouble sleeping for awhile.

But anyway from what I was reading,it looks like people around my age or in there 20's were having the same issues, so since there is quite a few on here in that range of age I am wondering if anyone else has experienced these kind of symptoms?

Comments

• I'm not a doctor but I recommend surgery right now.
  • moose wrote: »
    I'm not a doctor but I recommend surgery right now.

Probably a left big toe transplant is necessary....

Seriously Philli, you are way to young for heart or lung issues, extremely unlikely, allergies are a more likely culprit, although a regular checkup is advised... And you have too much time on your hands.... A J. O. B. is advisable...
  • See? Not only is comp old, but he is wise too. Most likely cause is some form of allergy. Basically the list you wrote in the OP was written from least to most likely. Get it checked out, of course, but relax.

My vote is for some obscure, KW based virus, which is invariably fatal to all residents near or on Lake Simcoe. You're as done as Brazil, Philli-boy . . .

Can I have your hockey cards?:D
  • compuease wrote: »
    Probably a left big toe transplant is necessary....

Seriously Philli, you are way to young for heart or lung issues, extremely unlikely, allergies are a more likely culprit, although a regular checkup is advised... And you have too much time on your hands.... A J. O. B. is advisable...

So much wrong with this post don't know where to begin, I feel a Kristy coming.;)

Your too old to answer the question so I know why you avoided it.

God bless long weekends, feel awesomeness coming already for tomorrow.
  • Milo wrote: »
    See? Not only is comp old, but he is wise too. Most likely cause is some form of allergy. Basically the list you wrote in the OP was written from least to most likely. Get it checked out, of course, but relax.

My vote is for some obscure, KW based virus, which is invariably fatal to all residents near or on Lake Simcoe. You're as done as Brazil, Philli-boy . . .

Can I have your hockey cards?:D

Yes you can for maybe 100 bucks;)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    I looked at google and the most likely from what I read or already thought it is

Here is your mistake. Never Google any health issues, you'll only find out the worst scenarios, and come to the wrong diagnoses .

I also have minor lung problems, and find it harder to breath in the summer months due to allergies and on days of ultra-high days humidity. My Doctor (no not Drtyore) prescribed a buffer and some allergy meds.

Get your ass to the doctor!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Here is your mistake. Never Google any health issues, you'll only find out the worst scenarios, and come to the wrong diagnoses .

I also have minor lung problems, and find it harder to breath in the summer months due to allergies and on days of ultra-high days humidity. My Doctor (no not Drtyore) prescribed a buffer and some allergy meds.

Get your ass to the doctor!

haha Dr.tyore! where is he?:D

Yup going to call next week Johnnie, going through another shortness of breath episode right now for the last hour.

More irritating then anything feeling like your not getting enough air.

Get a couple other things checked out at same time.
  • u need to be spayed imo
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    u need to be spayed imo

any deals?
    When I lay down and through the night it feels like I am short of breath almost feels like I can't get enough air somewhat(actually feeling it right now, but I was cleaning like crazy)and awake like half the night.

1)heart failure or lung failure.
    2)asthma
    3)sleep apnea
    4)panic attacks
    5)allergies

Please tell me you not just smoking a joint before bed and then asking this in the morning......

Anyways Darb, not everyone here is from BC......

Heart failure/lung failure.......they are not a diagnosis here....lung cancer yes...heart attack yes....but its clear at least you not having heart attacks.....or at least it can be ruled out by a doctor

same as lung cancer

sleep apnea or sleeping disorder....sure

panic attacks are normal to some extent so expect them

allergies likely.

What your pointing to, I've heard from a lot of people our age and had/have some myself. We are all born with an innate sense of fear. This fear stresses us out our whole life as we turn to all our guilty pleasure that ironically bring us towards what we fear most.

No doubt you don't live as healthy lifestyle as you think you should and this plays on your inner state. This cycle drains us.

but if you got to the doctor he can only prescribe medicine, its all he's allowed to do, and for some this means prescription "focisin". Barring any major issues the doctor would find, and not taking a pill....it seems you'll have to conquer the fear of stress and the stress of fear.......then of course you won't be asking advice the guys your age but the ones with more experience.

also these all sound sleeping related which is a skill to be learned i think.
    any deals?

Just contact Bob Barker, he'll set you up
  • You know most people here cant even wipe their own ass, and ur asking for medical advice?

Go the mf doctor.

/thread.
    any deals?

10' of 50lb test, and a 15' bridge. Easy peasy . . .:o
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    You know most people here cant even wipe their own ass, and ur asking for medical advice?

Go the mf doctor.

/thread.

for true
    You know most people here cant even wipe their own ass, and ur asking for medical advice?

/thread.

i can too wipe my own ass, just sometimes its easier to jump in the shower:mad:
  • Man, your posts just bum me out now. You seem to worry too much. From the sounds of things you have allergies hitting you harder than normal. I get the same way this time of year. If I even come in contact with grass my eyes water and I sneeze for half an hour. Now with the not sleeping, it's probably just your stress. You seem really stressed about a lot of things right now which is definitely going to affect your sleep patterns. Stop thinking worse case scenarios, take a reactin, have a drink and relax.
  • Get some exercise and eat healthier. Play less poker.
    Play less poker.

Whoa Whoa Whoa....settle down now....
    Play less poker.
    Sacriledge!!

+1 what he says....
    going through another shortness of breath episode right now for the last hour.

More irritating then anything feeling like your not getting enough air.

this was happening to me about 10 years ago. Every once in a while breathing was *very* laboured. Short breaths, not enough air, increidibly sore back from trying to breathe.

Eventually I went to see a doc and got a ventilator. Two puffs during the next episode and it was instant relief. If you know someone with a "blue puffer", use it, see if it helps.
    It's scary when you can't get enough air into you lungs.

Go the mf doctor.

/thread.

fail, not asking for medical advice
    Get some exercise and eat healthier. Play less poker.

Have not touched poker in 4 days:)
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    this was happening to me about 10 years ago. Every once in a while breathing was *very* laboured. Short breaths, not enough air, increidibly sore back from trying to breathe.

Eventually I went to see a doc and got a ventilator. Two puffs during the next episode and it was instant relief. If you know someone with a "blue puffer", use it, see if it helps.
    It's scary when you can't get enough air into you lungs.

Yes, using another person's prescription medication is sound advice.
  • darbday wrote: »
    Whoa Whoa Whoa....settle down now....
    GTA Poker wrote: »

lol

yeah, you're right, Apo-Salabutamol is pretty dangerous and addicting stuff.
    ignore my advice phil and continue on breathing like a fish out of water

Can I share your mtt luck? muddguts protege has a nice ring I think.:)

man, you're stupid...let me know if you need a detailed list of reasons or if you're capable of figuring the reasons out by yourself
  • Philli. Listen to the old guy's who know. Get yer ass into the Doc's office and get it checked out.
    Puffers are scripts and not necessarily right for someone else to use.
    They could do more harm than good. :o
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Philli. Listen to the old guy's who know. Get yer ass into the Doc's office and get it checked out.
    Puffers are scripts and not necessarily right for someone else to use.
    They could do more harm than good. :o

You think? Dr. Mud begs to differ with you.

If medicine doesn't help you then it is just inert, right?