Comments

• moose wrote: »

Very nice. Just be sure you never forget to turn it off. ;)
    A friend got ~$500 gas bill when he forgot.
  • Very nice moose. I took my bribe from Dalton and bought a 680 sq. inch, 4 burner BBQ. 65,000 BTUs + a 12,000 BTU side burner. All SS with ceramic coated cast iron grills. Has space for a rotisserie, but I'll add that later. Big enough inside to do up to about a 15-16 lb. bird if I want.
  • Rotisserie rocks. My old Q has one and would never get one that doesn't have it now.
  • I am waiting to do a beer can chicken. Off-set cooking is becoming a specialty.
  • You've probably seen it but if you haven't......this is the holy grail of BBQ.....

Big Green Egg Canada - The world's best smoker and grill

Doing a beer can chicken tomorrow night, not with this but with my charcoal grill. May spring for an egg soon though...
  • Will make another attempt on the Egg next year...lingered a long time in BAST looking at the Eggs on Wed.

Bast Home Comfort - Welcome
  • moose wrote: »
    Will make another attempt on the Egg next year...lingered a long time in BAST looking at the Eggs on Wed.

Bast Home Comfort - Welcome

Yup, tough to commit when you see the price tag.....
  • Milo wrote: »
    I am waiting to do a beer can chicken. Off-set cooking is becoming a specialty.

We have had several. Very tasty
  • Having just built my deck by myself and losing a somewhat significant amount of blood doing so...I'm protective now. I'm wondering what's a fellow like Moose using for a bbq mat under his new toy to protect his deck from the inevitable drippings, etc.?
  • never been an issue.
  • BBQ mat purchaser = doofus.

What do you think the drip tray is for?
  • I suppose the drip tray is enough. I'm just being an over protective first time deck builder and don't want stuff staining my freshly hewn wood.

Just about shit myself the other day when the gf came out with nail polish, sat down and began applying. I wanted to put a drop sheet down!

Ok Milo, I'm a doofus. I can accept that.
  • Well, the only thing I have built similarly was an interlocking brick patio, made with used stone I got off a friend. I was pretty protective of it the first year, checking for sinking/heaving etc. so I'll give you a pass. Wait until one of the dogs marks their territory, though . . . :o
  • As my wife is so kind to point out, remember, "It's not the size of your grill that's important, it's how you use it!"
  • Well if we're going to go analogy crazy . . . any fight fan will tell you that a good "big" man is better than a good "little" man. Pretty sure most women would agree (except yours, of course :D).
  • Milo wrote: »
    Well if we're going to go analogy crazy . . . any fight fan will tell you that a good "big" man is better than a good "little" man. Pretty sure most women would agree (except yours, of course :D).

It's been seven hours and I still can't come up with a witty reply! I'm shamed!