Canadian Open Poker Championships Question

Hey I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how they will handle a situation where if someone registers for a 2-day event, and an event the day after (for instance, event 1 and event 2), and ends up making it to day 2 in the first event. Would the refund the buy-in and/or admin fee in that case? I've heard if this happens in the WSOP they will refund you fully. If I'll still be charged, I might have to pick my tournaments a bit more carefully rather than registering for all of them. Thanks for any info!

Comments

• My assumption is that they will refund you.......but.....just in case...

I wouldn't pre-register, just sign in to an event when you want to play. This is not the WSOP where there will be huge lines to sign in, so I think it's definately the best option.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    My assumption is that they will refund you.......but.....just in case...

I wouldn't pre-register, just sign in to an event when you want to play. This is not the WSOP where there will be huge lines to sign in, so I think it's definately the best option.

You don't think some of the 500s/1k's might sell out ahead of time? I have no clue as to how big the event will be relative to the caps.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    You don't think some of the 500s/1k's might sell out ahead of time? I have no clue as to how big the event will be relative to the caps.

U need to post here more and less on 2p2 imo. Welcome Vekked!
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    U need to post here more and less on 2p2 imo. Welcome Vekked!

Haha, I just might ;). Who are you on 2p2? (sorry if it's obvious)
  • Yes, you will be refunded entry and admin fee.
  • Dennis - thanks a lot for the reply. How did you get this info? Is it online somewhere or are you involved with the series? Thanks.

I think there are only three 2-day events (other than the heads-up)....everything else is a 1 day.

Didn't notice the small max's on some of the weekday tourneys capped @ 198.....those may sell out. I don't believe they will sell out any of the 598 max events (or, at least I'd be surprised). Not saying it will be a bad turnout, but 598 is alot to expect IMHO...but we'll see.

Where you coming from?
    Dennis - thanks a lot for the reply. How did you get this info? Is it online somewhere or are you involved with the series? Thanks.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f7/2010-canadian-open-poker-championship-5k-hu-22379/

Try sending Jon a message, he's involved with the CPT somewhat I believe.
    Dennis - thanks a lot for the reply. How did you get this info? Is it online somewhere or are you involved with the series? Thanks.

No problem. I am not involved, but I called Brian Kessler as he is. :)
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/f7/2010-canadian-open-poker-championship-5k-hu-22379/

Try sending Jon a message, he's involved with the CPT somewhat I believe.

Yeah, Jon should be back with us when he recovers from the Vegas trip..lol. I asked him to reply about the hotel thing when he got a chance.
  • Cool, thanks for the replies guys.

T8 - will be coming from Waterloo.
    Cool, thanks for the replies guys.

T8 - will be coming from Waterloo.

Should have known....is there another city in Ontario? Keep active in here, I'll buy you a Grasshopper.