Holt Poker Tour Rule Change in July

Starting chip stack will be 9000 instead of 10000.

If you pay your tournament entry fee ($60) by 3:25, you will receive an extra 1000 chip.

I will have a special clock for this. It will be started 30 minutes before the start of the tournament and will count down from 30 to 0. When the clock gets down to 5 minutes or less, any player who has not paid yet, will not receive the bonus chip. It will be the official time that is used. Therefore, don’t show me your watch that says 3:24 and expect the extra chip, if the official clock is at less than 5 minutes.

If you are going to be late and don’t want to lose the 1000 chip, send your money with someone else or make arrangements to pay ahead of time.

Tournament will start at exactly 3:30.

If you are on the waiting list, as long as you pay your money by 3:25, you will start with the extra 1000 chip when you get in.

Reason

No matter what time the tournament is scheduled to start, 25% of the field arrives between the tournament start time and 15 minutes late. This causes a very disorganized and late start. I hate disorganized and late.

I will have the clock out for the tournament this Saturday, so everyone can see how it works. This will be used in all of my tournaments starting in July.

Comments

• Fu#@^%*ng nazi.....!

Seriously... good idea...
  • Ignore this post.
  • Great idea, I will be implementing a similar rule at our tournaments.
    Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Starting chip stack will be 9000 instead of 10000.

If you pay your tournament entry fee ($60) by 3:25, you will receive an extra 1000 chip.

I will have a special clock for this. It will be started 30 minutes before the start of the tournament and will count down from 30 to 0. When the clock gets down to 5 minutes or less, any player who has not paid yet, will not receive the bonus chip. It will be the official time that is used. Therefore, don’t show me your watch that says 3:24 and expect the extra chip, if the official clock is at less than 5 minutes.

If you are going to be late and don’t want to lose the 1000 chip, send your money with someone else or make arrangements to pay ahead of time.

Tournament will start at exactly 3:30.

If you are on the waiting list, as long as you pay your money by 3:25, you will start with the extra 1000 chip when you get in.

Reason

No matter what time the tournament is scheduled to start, 25% of the field arrives between the tournament start time and 15 minutes late. This causes a very disorganized and late start. I hate disorganized and late.

I will have the clock out for the tournament this Saturday, so everyone can see how it works. This will be used in all of my tournaments starting in July.
  • Golf Clubs!!!!!!

Great idea,

Would there be a 5 minute grace for Old people travelling from afar?????????

Milton "OLD" Slim
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    Would there be a 5 minute grace for Old people travelling from afar?????????

As long as afar isn't Milton, there might be a chance.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    As long as afar isn't Milton, there might be a chance.

He cries "Foul" loudly

Mississauga Slim!!!!!!!!!
  • Excellent idea. I'll probably implement the same kind of rule for my big games. Will 're-fills' get 9000 or 10000?
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Gargoyle wrote: »
    Will 're-fills' get 9000 or 10000?

See above quotes.