$100.00 - Where do you start?

Okay, here's the thing: You have an on-line bankroll of $100.00 USD. Take your pick between FTP or P*'s and tell me where you start out in order to maximize your return.

Comments

• Why would you start over with $100?

I would pick a smaller site with a decent bonus and not deposit on FTP or Stars until I could take advantage of the full first time deposit bonuses.

But...really I would get a job and then deposit a normal amount of monies:) or I wouldn't play with money I couldn't afford to lose.
  • Well that's about my bankroll,lol (less right now),pretty much what GTA has said except some bonuses are hard to clear and may have other rules attached, plus smaller sites you are running the risk of withdrawal problems.

If I had a regular paycheck coming in I would deposit more then I usually would and start bombing away and not giving a shit(in a good way, as in terms of bad beats or runs) on games and limits that really matter instead of the worthless limits I have to play now.

But with 100 bucks your looking at not going over 2 dollar buy ins for sit n go's and mtt's(you can take a shot at like 5 dollar buy in here and there) and for cash games I don't know.
  • That's about what I said (re: buy-ins), but I want independent opinions that I can point to and say, "See? It isn't just me telling you this . . ."

Nice one, by the way, GTA . . . :-X
  • Milo wrote: »
    Okay, here's the thing: You have an on-line bankroll of $100.00 USD. Take your pick between FTP or P*'s and tell me where you start out in order to maximize your return.

wats your poison? cash or mtt....?

For MTT I choose Stars. MTT sng's dont fill too often on FTP and those that do you're looking at the $11's at the lowest.

I prob grind the lowest level 180's possible.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    wats your poison? cash or mtt....?

For MTT I choose Stars. MTT sng's dont fill too often on FTP and those that do you're looking at the $11's at the lowest.

I prob grind the lowest level 180's possible.

Really? The 90 man knockouts on FT fill about every 5 min. $3 and $6. But I would play the entire $100 on $3 18 man step sngs on FT and rack up as much T$ as I could and then either roll that moniez into the $3 KO 90 man sngs or $6 9 man turbos.

But yeah, what GTA said on maximizing the deposit bonus first and also it is a MUST to sign up for rakeback.
  • moose wrote: »
    Really? The 90 man knockouts on FT fill about every 5 min. $3 and $6. But I would play the entire $100 on $3 18 man step sngs on FT and rack up as much T$ as I could and then either roll that moniez into the $3 KO 90 man sngs or $6 9 man turbos.

But yeah, what GTA said on maximizing the deposit bonus first and also it is a MUST to sign up for rakeback.

I have actually thought about these and giving them a try to do that.
  • With $100, there really isn't much in way of MTT's to play. Personally, if you want to concentrate on tournament games, play the lowest level SNG's on P*. You're going to experience alot of swings, and their SNG's are loaded with stupid players. If cash game is the area you want to expand, I agree with GTA and find a smaller site. Titan is good, especially for micro donkeys.

I do recommend finding a good training site and start reading and watching videos. Some great ones out there, and 2p2 has an excellent micro forum for cash games, I can only suspect they have them in their SNG and MTT forums as well.

The key is to manage your bankroll effectively. If you don't know how to do that, learn. It'll save you the agony of reloading time and again.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »

The key is to manage your bankroll effectively. If you don't know how to do that, learn. It'll save you the agony of reloading time and again.

This
    Take it from the guy who won 5K in a month and has nothing to show for it. Of course, I also didn't have a job and had to use some of it on rent, but still.
  • I also won the 5K by running hot. I entered an $11 MTT with $150 roll and won $2700. If Only I can do that every month....hell if I can do it again in my lifetime I'll be happy....ugh.
  • I'd start with full tilt 2 dollar 180 mans until I've got around 250-300 at which point I'd move to stars 4 dollar 180 mans for a bit. Then go back to full tilt 10 dollar 45 mans. After that I'd move onto 10 dollar mtt's on both stars and tilt. That's pretty much the softest way to go I think
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I'd start with full tilt 2 dollar 180 mans until I've got around 250-300 at which point I'd move to stars 4 dollar 180 mans for a bit. Then go back to full tilt 10 dollar 45 mans. After that I'd move onto 10 dollar mtt's on both stars and tilt. That's pretty much the softest way to go I think

I should do this, but God DAMN its infuriating to play for 3 hours, barely make the bubble for $6, if I'm lucky.
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    I should do this, but God DAMN its infuriating to play for 3 hours, barely make the bubble for $6, if I'm lucky.

I'm slowly developing immunity lol
  • Milo wrote: »
    That's about what I said (re: buy-ins), but I want independent opinions that I can point to and say, "See? It isn't just me telling you this . . ."

Nice one, by the way, GTA . . . :-X

Who are you telling?
  • Look up "tazzwild" on Tiger gaming . . .

I do not think he is an Omaha fan, though . . .
  • I would play .01/.02 ring games on IDK whatever site has decent traffic. I wouldn't worry too much about bonuses tbh.

Build that BR from 100 to 150-200 then move up to the next level. If you drop 5 Buy-ins, then move back down.

You can throw in some sngs/tourneys if you're up. But the 3 buck tourneys max even with the $200 roll.

Just my 2 cents. Ring!
  • If you've never played on Full Tilt before, there are sites out there that will give you free $25 for signing up under them and another $25 for clearing 200 Full Tilt Points within 30 days (require 300 Full Tilt Points to withdraw and every new account now will require proof of ID/home to withdraw)

But whatever, with that small a roll $50-100, you'd have to stick to the micro SNGs. Playing 9 man, 18 man, 27 man, 45 and 90 man. I believe the 18-90 man have less rake (10c vs 20-25c for the $1+rake buyins) than the 9 man and also have more of a multi-table feel. I'd actually start learning how to play turbos and become a good push bot player because that a pretty easy form of poker to start learning.

My cousin wanted to learn so we started him clearing a free $50 on Full Tilt, then bonus whoring $100 off Party, then $100 bonus whoring off UB and now I have him on PokerStars with a $300 roll where he can how to beat the 45-90 mans by learning more about push botting so that he can soon beating the $2/180 man turbos.

In the end its all about volume, those who put in 1000+ games a month will see results more quicker.

GLGL