King-F$*(ING JACK

Anybody who has spent 10 consecutive seconds in my presence will know that King-Jack has always, always been my "anti" hand (aka opposite if lucky/favourite hand) and I've never really understood how it should be properly played.

I've always:
-folded in early position
-called in mid position
-raised in late position

...and it's never seemed to work out.

Can anybody give me some better advice?

Comments

• Yea.

Play JJ
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Anybody who has spent 10 consecutive seconds in my presence will know that King-Jack has always, always been my "anti" hand (aka opposite if lucky/favourite hand) and I've never really understood how it should be properly played.

I've always:
    -folded in early position
    -called in mid position
    -raised in late position

...and it's never seemed to work out.

Can anybody give me some better advice?

ive read many times kj is the rookie hand that many rookies trap themselves with. i rarely play it unless its a suited steal or im shoving for edge.
  • This and especially KQ are easy to play imo, either you flop air and don't go crazy or you flop like top pair good kicker, or one over and a straightdraw, or two overs and a flushdraw. The made hands you can usually pot control effectively and be good at showdown for a small do medium pot and the other hands kinda play themselves and offer some good semibluffing oppertunities

That's just my two cents though, I like these hands in tournaments because their playability is greater than that of A7s
  • When I play KJ I am generally playing with position, with a raise. If I hit a pair, it goes with pot control from there, evaluating each next card.

Generally, when playing KJ, you just want to steal and move on. If you are called you rarely have the best hand unless 910 or j10 call. As for board texture, I treat it like 78s, playing for straights and good flushes, not pairs when there is any resistance.