wonky raises

player raises from 120 to 360, another player re-raises to 480. What am I missing here?

Comments

• ive seen players do this to try and find out more information on what kind of hand their up against. lower limit players tend to re-raise again and they give away their hand too easily at times...other times its good to just flat call with a monster hand heads up.

could also work in the favour of the player min raising the first raise, maybe that player has the monster hand and he knows the initial raiser is a loose cannon and will eventually fire another bullet...
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    player raises from 120 to 360, another player re-raises to 480. What am I missing here?

Illegal raise in any game (unless all in). Player must raise to at least 600. People always get confused when the raise is less than double the bet....ie the next bet doesn't have to double the bet....only be the same amount of the last raise. ie you CAN bet in no limit like you can in limit. 2,4,6,8....some people think that if I raise from 2 to 4 that the next raise is 8. That's not the case.
  • 800OVER answered to what I was wondering. I always thought it had to be double and then double etc... thanks
  • Not true, Player one raised 120 meaning the next raise can be 120 or over on top of the 360

Edit: nevermind, missed the point of that post