Is it just me or are partypoker bonuses crap.

Sorry for such a negative first post, but does anyone actually have experience of clearing some of the bonuses that take an abnormal amount of points?

I currently have 3 bonuses worth $400 but you can

1. Only clear one at a time
2. Play at relatively high limits to achieve the points in the given time.

One of them requires 500 points to be made but I've been given only 7 days to clear it with 5 left. By playing at $.25/$.50 or $.10 to $.25 it takes an excruciating amount of playing to achieve such amounts of points (the others require from 500 to 1000 pts).

2qcnos5.png

Here is how many hands I played just to get 25 points at lower limits to unlock one more bonus (which turned out, is given out in 4 installments of $25, every one of which requires 250 partypoints): over 1000 from Tuesday until today.
10sdbme.png
10pc606.png

Yes, I understand PP needs to make money as well. They are a company listed in a stock exchange after all. But why create such bonuses in the first place if they are only meant to be cleared by people playing at limits of $1/$2 and higher?

I didn't lose any money when trying to clear these bonuses, made an insignificant profit though. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong and somebody else has great insight on this. But I don't see how playing at casual limits, you could ever achieve these ridiculous point requirements in the given timeframes (ok, 30 days for 500 points might definitely be possible given you keep winning steady and your BR doesn't dip.. But in 7 days?)

I also realize they are counting on the vast majority of the bonus takers failing in frustration and not cashing in on any of the bonuses. But from how I see it, the people who play at high enough limits to clear these bonuses don't even care about the pocket change they offer. And for casual players, they are near impossible to finish.

There is no way you can make ½ thousand pts in 7 days at lower limits unless you play 24/7, even then I don't know how someone could do it.

This is not a rant. I didn't lose anything. Just wondering if anyone else has had luck with this site's bonus system.

Comments

• Yeah I am not a fan of PP. Also aren't their tables slower? IIRC, that was a major turnoff for me.

I usually just do small bonuses from them like if they give me a bonus to clear for being inactive. These big ones... yikes.
  • PartyPoker's bonuses have been great for me, including the initial $500 deposit match, several deposit bonuses, cash bonuses from the PartyPoints Store, and the current PartyPoints Boost. Unlike the bonuses from PokerStars, Everest and 888 which I was never able to clear, there were only a few PartyPoker bonus offers that were too hard for me to clear.

It's good that you got incremental bonuses from PartyPoker so that you still get some cash if you can't grind enough tables or hours to clear all the amounts. I currently only play tournaments, but it would be much faster with cash games to generate $250 in rake (dealt instead of contributed method) or 500 points if you multi-table enough.
    erik7 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else has had luck with this site's bonus system.