new mtt training site

Comments

• bigdog is casey jarzabeck from st. catherines. Only one of the best MTT players around right now.

Hagbard is also a very good MTT reg.
  • they are all sickos (ex: bigdogpckt5 is Casey Jarzabek from St.Catharines, ranked 4th on p5s). I'm probably gunna join this site next month, sample vids seem rly good and its ~ $20 a month with no signup fee.
  • Wetts ninja-posts before me somehow lol
  • Wein is IveGotToeJam on stars, hes gotten 3rd in the sunday mill twice
  • Site is awesome, Casey's videos are a must watch. Spent the last few weeks watching videos from TPE.
  • The one sample video is awful!! 5 minutes talking about 1 hand and ummmm and ahhhhh's most of it,wtf

The other one I saw not too bad.
  • Of the four sample videos, I like the second one by Hagbard Celine the best, with the equity/math analysis. He made the equity formula very confusing though, that I had to use a calculator to confirm that my numbers were the same as his.

With all the free information available online and in my unfinished poker books/magazines, I personally don't think paying hundreds of dollars a year for a training site or coach is good value. When I was a member of PokerXFactor, any time I had for poker was much better spent PLAYING as much as possible so my membership was wasted. The training videos I've seen are not bad, but I get much more $EV from doing equity analysis of key hands or reviewing sections from books such as "The Mathematics of Poker" which has a ONE-TIME cost of $30.
    philliivey wrote: »
    The one sample video is awful!! 5 minutes talking about 1 hand and ummmm and ahhhhh's most of it,wtf
  • philliivey wrote: »
    The one sample video is awful!! 5 minutes talking about 1 hand and ummmm and ahhhhh's most of it,wtf

whos sample vid was it?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Of the four sample videos, I like the second one by Hagbard Celine the best, with the equity/math analysis. He made the equity formula very confusing though, that I had to use a calculator to confirm that my numbers were the same as his.

With all the free information available online and in my unfinished poker books/magazines, I personally don't think paying hundreds of dollars a year for a training site or coach is good value. When I was a member of PokerXFactor, any time I had for poker was much better spent PLAYING as much as possible so my membership was wasted. The training videos I've seen are not bad, but I get much more $EV from doing equity analysis of key hands or reviewing sections from books such as "The Mathematics of Poker" which has a ONE-TIME cost of $30.

Just watched the Hagbard video.

It's not bad but worse than the best Deuces Cracked, Cardrunners and Stoxpoker videos.

What do you guys think of the Bluefire poker videos?
    The training videos I've seen are not bad, but I get much more $EV from doing equity analysis of key hands or reviewing sections from books such as "The Mathematics of Poker" which has a ONE-TIME cost of $30.

This is you, and you are a freak.

95% of the population, myself included, cant begin to decipher TMOP. Training sites allow for people to learn visually, which for most is an ideal learning environment.

To say that playing and learning is better than reading or watching and learning implies someone has a relatively large "roll". You could go busto many times if you arent super self aware.
  • Just watched the Hagbard video.

It's not bad but worse than the best Deuces Cracked, Cardrunners and Stoxpoker videos.

What do you guys think of the Bluefire poker videos?

This site is specifically designed for MTT, and is new.

What is promising about TPE is the lineup - they are relavent to the MTT game as it exists today.

Other than Pokerpwnage, I found the sites you listed above are geared more towards cash players, so relative comparisons arent really fair.
  • I have been a member of poker pwnage on and off for a year or two now, and been a member of many of the other ones...and I have to say Pwnage is probably my favorite and I get the most out of it...

That being said, I am doing a trial at Deepstacks with their poker Matrix..and I am really liking it. They put you in difficult decisions, give you the factors necessary, and give you choices...once you choose what you would do, they go through and explain each choice and why the particular one was the best choice for that situation...they then run the same situation with different variables..
    They also have 5 different levels of training to help you grow. They have different aspects of training, Mtt, sng, basics, essentials..etc..that you can work your way through..

Wanna know what to do with middle pair in early position late game against lagtards? You can pick that one...

As long as you can get through (or remember not to choose) Mike Matusow's training, it is very good and it certainly puts the info forth in a way that I can understand the "why's".

Alex Outhred is a fantastic coach and set up the matrix really well IMO.
  • btw here's my Interview with Casey Jarzabek if your interested
  • Just signed up with Pwnage last night actually, and watched one video so far. We will see how it goes...Hopefully my next bunch of posts are all in the "omg I made the final table" thread.
  • DeucesCracked.com has a free "Open House" to all their videos until November 21. Does Pwnage or any other training site also ever have a free Open House without having to give your credit card number or Paypal?
  • Without a card, I haven't seen any...that being said we (Big Slick) give away Free trials at Deepstacks right now, 60 days, 99 buck activation fee waived. If anyone wants one, feel free to contact me. When I joined, I gave them my card, and just cancelled it (the subscription) immediately...at the end of the trial, I reinstated the subscription for a few months...haven't had time to be on there much lately, but now that things are slowing down, I plan on spending more time there and pwnage.
  • January was one of my worst months ever online, so I've decided to take the time to join DragtheBar.com. Anybody else here a member? Which MTT videos are the most important to watch first if one has limited time?
    January was one of my worst months ever online, so I've decided to take the time to join DragtheBar.com. Anybody else here a member? Which MTT videos are the most important to watch first if one has limited time?

Just a question, but what made you choose bragthebar as opposed to pwnage or pokeredge?
    January was one of my worst months ever online, so I've decided to take the time to join DragtheBar.com. Anybody else here a member? Which MTT videos are the most important to watch first if one has limited time?

I've been watching Dro's vids lately and they've been great. Menard's vids are always good.
  • would love to hear some updates from those of you that joined the sites mentioned ITT. Have you continued with the sites? Have they helped improve you game? Recommend, not recommend?
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    would love to hear some updates from those of you that joined the sites mentioned ITT. Have you continued with the sites? Have they helped improve you game? Recommend, not recommend?

i was with pwnage not to long ago, but its kinda lame setup. they have tony guerra though which is one of the best teachers ive come across and has the best explanation on the jam fold game out there, essential i think. anyways they are revamping their site and i will check it out again, cus service was good.

im demoing bluefire right now. they have samoleus and phil galfond which are pretty much as top notch as it gets.

but i think sites are overated, alot of these guys are good players but horrible teachers...maybe 5% of videos out there are decent i think. maybe i just don't get them enough....

those are the only two i checked out. theres enough talent around here to improve your game. also theres internet books out there that are current and very valuable.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Just a question, but what made you choose bragthebar as opposed to pwnage or pokeredge?
    Mainly because Dragthebar is free if one rakes at least $500/month. If I can ever find enough free time to make paying for a training site worth it, I was thinking of Pokerpwnage based on your recommendation and your "After" results. :cool:
    darbday wrote: »
    i was with pwnage not to long ago, but its kinda lame setup. they have tony guerra though which is one of the best teachers ive come across and has the best explanation on the jam fold game out there, essential i think.
    Were Tony's "Equilibrium Calling Ranges" and "Short Stacks" video series essential to watch?
    Were Tony's "Equilibrium Calling Ranges" and "Short Stacks" video series essential to watch?
    if you don't understand unex shoves then absolutely