Options

yo

i think ive posted hands like this before

Full Tilt Poker Game #21574919762: $15,000 Guarantee (Rebuy) (166230644), Table 25 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:21:51 ET - 2010/06/13
Seat 1: Joe_McGee (6,315)
Seat 2: erlsu (6,204)
Seat 3: forboon (5,708)
Seat 4: gatorbait1900 (13,382)
Seat 5: haripoker (13,795)
Seat 6: streeter1975 (31,643)
Seat 7: crazzyeights (4,110)
Seat 8: Torgashow (3,301)
Seat 9: HIBACHI703 (8,225)
streeter1975 posts the small blind of 100
crazzyeights posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to forboon [Kc Qc]
Torgashow folds
HIBACHI703 has 15 seconds left to act
HIBACHI703 calls 200
Joe_McGee folds
erlsu calls 200
forboon has 15 seconds left to act
forboon raises to 5,708, and is all in
gatorbait1900 folds
haripoker folds
streeter1975 folds
crazzyeights folds
HIBACHI703 folds
erlsu calls 5,508
forboon shows [Kc Qc]
erlsu shows [Qh Jh]......

i think everyone has a hand that they should fold and am rarely not much worse than a flip

am i happy with the play or am i retarded?

Comments

• naw thats stupid, im sorry.
  • Anyone else thinking terrible push, terrible call??

Same thing happened to me last night except both hands were non suited and I was shorter stack and the guy called for his tourny life,lol but of course since he had the worst hand jokerstars rewarded him.
  • yup its not a good idea to make this play me thinks, however if you were short stack then maybe......
  • Try having like 3-3,5k next time :P

(Although if you know he's playing Q high for stacks it's probably really profitable ^^' )

Edit: 3,5k might be too thick as well. You can shove a decent amount of BB's as part of an unexploitable range but with a limper you have an extra unknown variable to worry about besides all the guys behind you which should make you want to play a bit safer . I'd probably shove 15 BB's or less here (0-15 regardless if I have FE or not)
  • I shove less then 10BB here hoping to collect whatever dead money is in the hand. If we get called, generally, we won't be winning and can hope to be at best a flip.

However, I agree with bad shove, worse call. Only hand villain can pray you have is pockets 10's or smaller to hope to catch you in a race. And again, why is he putting that many chips in the middle on what he can hope to be little more then a coin flip is beyond me.
  • Spewwwwwwwwwwww.

I do this alot fwiw.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Spewwwwwwwwwwww.

I do this alot fwiw.

this one comment ive been meaning to make on your rant a week back.

youve got me stacking off when i know i have the best hand. i will get the opponent to get as much of his chips in as long as i know im ahead. ive become stellar at reading and manipulating the table this way. like this hand not only am i ahead (and likely ahead) but there's a little extra money in the pot because of the folders.

I do it all the time and people might argue what if someone shows aces and you were wrong, but its fairly rare, or rare enough that im wrong on the range and actually behind. yet i don't cash as much as i'd think i should.

simply put i think there has to be some more weight on tourney survival.

i read in DN's book when gus hanson knew from the turn his oppenent would stack off and only had 3 outs, he checked for survival and his opp hit his out and gus folded.....ive been playing shove the turn every time because im ahead and i know he only has three outs.

Relating to this I realized why bankroll management is important in cash games and its because if you can be ahead all of the time and get all the money in, you will always win $ over long term. tourney is slights different obviously but i'm positive if you'd play cash games like the hand in this thread, you'd destroy them......

i just look at the two different than i used to.....

comments from all appreciated.
  • HammerDad wrote: »
    If we get called, generally, we won't be winning and can hope to be at best a flip.

or 70/30 to me with an extra 700 in the pot
    HammerDad wrote: »
    And again, why is he putting that many chips in the middle on what he can hope to be little more then a coin flip is beyond me?

because I'm a jedi
  • darbday wrote: »
    or 70/30 to me with an extra 700 in the pot

I did qualify my statement with "generally" ;) . Normally we don't get morons to stack off preflop with Q high, or at least I can't seem to find them regularly enough......or at least ones that don't hit.
    because I'm a jedi

That wasn't a comment about your shove, more his call.

The only way I can see this play as +EV is if your table image is fairly tight and you've got a bunch of nits at the table that can fold A10 so you can pick up the dead money. Over time though, I think it is more spewy then anything MOST hands that call have us crushed or flipping, and the few times we get called by worse they will still win 1 in 4 or 5.
    I did qualify my statement with "generally" ;) .

Yup and this hand is general for me, 70/30
    Normally we don't get morons to stack off preflop with Q high,

we don't but i do
    I

That wasn't a comment about your shove, more his call.

yes, he called because im a jedi

The only way I can see this play as +EV is if your table image is fairly tight and you've got a bunch of nits at the table that can fold A10 so you can pick up the dead money.

If my table image is really tight why would he be more likely tomake that call?

the table is a bunch of nits they did all fold AT and i picked up a 70/30 with extra money in the pot,
  • darbday wrote: »
    If my table image is really tight why would he be more likely tomake that call?

IMO, when you shove there, you don't want a call. You want the dead money in the middle and you're happy with that.

If you are called you are normally never leading. In this instance you found the 1 guy who called off his stack with one of the very few hands you have crushed.

The move was a total squeeze and probably read as one. But the only thing the caller didn't think about was your squeeze range may be beating his hand. So his call is absolutely horribad, jedi or not.
  • you're lucky it was 70/30 and that r-tard donk stacked off with QJ. Probably 80% of the time you'll be behind if called, and very VERY rarely is someone calling you with a worse hand. You just got lucky don't let it get to your head.

This shove to me just reeks of fear of flopping. Its a move I find that is made by a LOT of newbies that are afraid to see a flop, and its very common. I'll call these people with any above average hand (AJ+ 99+)
    IMO, when you shove there, you don't want a call. You want the dead money in the middle and you're happy with that.

we share this opinion
    If you are called you are normally never leading.

no...i am almost always leading.
    So his call is absolutely horribad

yes i mind tricked him into a big mistake, as i woulda with any of these limpers. whether i am ahead or not, it is a mistake for each of them to call.
    .... jedi or not.

Jedi
  • almost 30BB....wit kq....nuff said
  • schabs wrote: »
    almost 30BB....wit kq....nuff said

/thread

fyp

/thread
  • Dude, this move is SOOOOO bad.
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    Dude, this move is SOOOOO bad.