Flop decision v players who bets 80% of the flops

10 dollar tourney on tilt, if we think this guy is betting 100% of his already wide range should we flat here for value or raise here for thin value/protection? He could have anything as far as I know

Question here is if we flat or raise, I don't know if he'd keep betting a wide range on the turn or shut down

Full Tilt Poker Game #21381750912: $7,500 Guarantee (164661226), Table 56 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 8:40:06 ET - 2010/06/05
Seat 1: baaftje (1,550)
Seat 2: llRichardll (1,155)
Seat 3: rustydog65 (1,235)
Seat 4: prinzeisenherz1 (1,510)
Seat 5: Siensi (3,040)
Seat 6: Nitty fish (1,330)
Seat 7: BADBEATERKE1002 (1,640)
Seat 8: toejam34 (3,325)
Seat 9: dramax90 (5,220)
baaftje posts the small blind of 25
llRichardll posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to llRichardll [:7d :qd]
rustydog65 folds
prinzeisenherz1 folds
Siensi folds
Nitty fish folds
BADBEATERKE1002 folds
toejam34 folds
dramax90 calls 50
baaftje has 15 seconds left to act
baaftje calls 25
llRichardll checks
*** FLOP *** [:7h :js :4h]
baaftje checks
llRichardll checks
dramax90 bets 100
baaftje calls 100
llRichardll raises to 350
dramax90 calls 250
baaftje folds
*** TURN *** [:7h :js :4h] [:ts]
llRichardll bets 755, and is all in
dramax90 has 15 seconds left to act
dramax90 calls 755
llRichardll shows [:7d :qd]
dramax90 shows [:3h :kh]
*** RIVER *** [:7h :js :4h :ts] [:6d]
llRichardll shows a pair of Sevens
dramax90 shows King Jack high
llRichardll wins the pot (2,460) with a pair of Sevens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,460 | Rake 0
Board: [7h Js 4h Ts 6d]
Seat 1: baaftje (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 2: llRichardll (big blind) showed [7d Qd] and won (2,460) with a pair of Sevens
Seat 3: rustydog65 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: prinzeisenherz1 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: Siensi didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: Nitty fish didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: BADBEATERKE1002 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: toejam34 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: dramax90 (button) showed [3h Kh] and lost with King Jack high

Comments

• Based on reads we raise for value OTF, assuming we know flush draws and overs are calling.
  • the situation your describing, has you absolutely not knowing what he has. as you know, youre best off in a situation where your fairly confident of the hand you put him on and even more confident on his range. the tighter the range the more accurate the ev......so if i understand the question then i fold on the flop bet.

i just read wetts answer and am very curious about all this....nonetheless i may be the worst of the three but i think we should play together and then discuss our hands....
  • I don't know if I like the raise on the flop with that second player in there flatting his bet...I think I just call here and hope we improve. We don't know what player two's calling range is..but it very likely includes jacks...and on that flop we are about 35% with middle pair?? If it were only him, then I like your line a lot. If you had more chips I like the raise with two in the pot..but you really don't have room for play..

*waiting to be corrected..lol*
  • DennisG wrote: »
    I don't know if I like the raise on the flop with that second player in there flatting his bet...I think I just call here and hope we improve. We don't know what player two's calling range is..but it very likely includes jacks...and on that flop we are about 35% with middle pair?? If it were only him, then I like your line a lot. If you had more chips I like the raise with two in the pot..but you really don't have room for play..

*waiting to be corrected..lol*

Nah, you're right. I did write SB's hand off as marginal for no real reason, I was too focused on punishing the other guy