• Please describe in 10 words or less the awesomeness of this clip:

YouTube - U-Cant-Touch-This! Glee Cast

Favourite muppet?

Who wins in a fight:

Bert or Ernie?
    Bunsen or Beeker?
    Rick Astley or Boy George?
    Kristy or Shar?

And to bring back an old favourite that I'm shocked no one has used in any of these weeks (correct me if I'm wrong): how many children of the age of 5 would it take to beat you up?
  • Gimme your ruling:

Ted Forrest NOT Eliminated

Posted 27 minutes ago by F-Train
    If Ted Forrest wins this tournament, he better tip a dealer named Kojo very, very heavily.
    We came by Forrest's table as the river was being dealt. Forrest was all in against Keith Sexton. Sexton had apparently already told Forrest that Sexton had three jacks. Forrest told Sexton that he had two pair.
    Somehow, as the river cards were being dealt, Kojo the dealer skipped Forrest, delivered a river card to Sexton and dropped the stub onto the burn cards. Forrest then asked where his river card was.
    A floor was summoned, who ruled that Sexton should keep the river card that was suppposed to have been Forrest's. The stub would be reshuffled along with the burn cards, and then Forrest would receive a new river.
    "It would be really sick if that card fills me up," said Forrest. It turned out that Sexton received an 8, a card which did not fill Sexton up.
    "It would be even sicker if this card fills me up, said Forrest. His board showed 2s.gif2h.gif6h.gif4c.gif. He squeezed his river and then looked at Sexton as if to say, "Sorry." He opened 9c.gif9s.gif9d.gif in the hole for nines full of deuces. Predictably, Sexton exploded in anger.
    "Jesus Christ! I can't even win a pot and then you gotta do that!" He shouted at Kojo that Kojo needed to pay attention to what he was doing. Sexton also was unhappy with the floor ruling.
    "I agree with you Keith," said Forrest. "I happened to benefit from it but I think it sucks. But Kojo, I'm going to try to win the tournament now."
    "I hate poker for sh*t like this," said...
  • darbday wrote: »
    where lies your genius?

OK, time to get caught up here...

Running tournaments, Mathematics, Database Analysis.

At least I consider that my genius. In some ways I have always thought that a person's genius should be determined by others.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I am picturing the Scrabble version of moose . . . all custom tiles, etc.

Are there people like that in Scrabble?

I wouldn't say that there are any Scrabbler's at Moose's level, but the game at the tournament level does neccessitate some nicer equipment than the even the "Deluxe" version you buy at the store (and don't get me started on the "Diamond" edition).

Most tournament players have a Scrabble clock (sort of like a chess clock, except with modifications for the Scrabble rules), a custom Scrabble board (usually with a built in lazy suzan for easy turning), and PROtiles (plastic tiles as opposed to the wood ones that come with the Hasbro versions).

The PROtiles come in every color under the rainbow, and a number of different font styles. Between this and their board that is the only real way to "customize" your game. (Some people have a design/theme behind the board, which is fine if it doesn't distract from the premium squares).

I have about 10 sets of PROtiles that I have picked up working at various events.

Why do we use PROtiles? Because the ones provided in the Hasbro games are "Braillable". Someone could feel whether a tile is the blank without taking it out of the bag. PROtiles are completely flat, and thus are exempt from this cheating.
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    ~2 weeks, 5 different cities, all expenses paid. Where do you go and why?
    ~If you could witness 3 events from history, what would you want to witness?
    ~If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live and why?
    ~Favourite Looney Toon?
    ~Favourite colour?

Cities:

1) Not to seem like a kissup, but I would actually go to whatever major city that you are close to in Saskatchewan (Regina I believe?), because it is one of 2 provinces that I have not been to, and I'd need someone to show me around.

2) St John's, NF. I'd like to do a pub crawl down George Street someday, since I love East Coast music. And, it's the other province that I have not been to.

3) All expenses paid - definitely have to go to Vegas!

4) London, England. I'd like to visit there with my wife before my mother in law retires and moves to Vancouver.

5) Hong Kong City, Hong Kong - The high school that I went to had 50% boarding students from Hong Kong. I still have a number of friends that are back over there, and I would love to see it someday. I also know that the hospitality that I would receive would be top notch.

Live anywhere:

- I am actually very happy with where I currently am. I have had a number of opportunities to move (before wife and kids of course) and chose to stay around here. KW is close enough to Toronto that if we want to do the "big city" stuff we can, while not having a lot of the crime or other problems that plague the big city.

It is also close enough to visit family, but not too close to the family either :-)

Favorite Loony Toon:

Wile E Coyote. Makes me laugh every time. Too bad his plight is considered too "violent" for kids nowadays.

Favorite Color:

Black (I know - not a color). Past that, red.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Please describe in 10 words or less the awesomeness of this clip:

YouTube - U-Cant-Touch-This! Glee Cast

Favourite muppet?

Who wins in a fight:

Bert or Ernie?
    Bunsen or Beeker?
    Rick Astley or Boy George?
    Kristy or Shar?

And to bring back an old favourite that I'm shocked no one has used in any of these weeks (correct me if I'm wrong): how many children of the age of 5 would it take to beat you up?

1) One of the few montages from Gllee I didn't particularly like. (Sorry!!)

(PS - As a former "choir geek", Glee is one of my favorite shows. My only beef with their choir is that they need to throw in some deep baritones to get a true harmony. Also - I'm an a capella nut, and would like to hear them do some numbers that way. But, then again, when you have bands that can just walk in to your choir room and play a number with no practice whatsoever, I guess you don't need to worry about a capella!!).

2) Tie - Stadler and Waldorf - you can't have one without the other!

3) Bert - he would definitely fight smarter and dirtier. He's definitely the "pitcher" in their relationship.
    Beeker - his high pitch yelp would bust Honeydew's eardrums, causing his balance to go all wonky.
    Boy George - Have you seen him lately? He's definitely more hardened criminal than the 80s persona that he had.
    Sorry Shar, gotta give this one to Kristy for the same reasons as most of these. She would just fight dirtier. And, Kristy would never admit she was defeated even if everyone else knew she was wrong.

4) I would like to think it would take about 30, and if it came down to it, I might fall but I'd put a lot of those bastards in the hospital with me ;-)
  • moose wrote: »
    Gimme your ruling:

What was not mentioned anywhere in the summary is if Sexton had mixed the card with his other cards, or had taken a look at it already. If he had it was the right ruling.

I would take that from a modification of this rule:

From Robert's rules of Poker, Section 8 (Seven Card Stud)

13. If the dealer burns two cards for one round or fails to burn a card, the cards will be corrected, if at all possible, to their proper positions. If this should happen on a final downcard, and either a card intermingles with a player's other holecards or a player looks at the card, the player must accept that card.

If Sexton looked at the card, then he had "accepted" it.

If, though, Sexton had not looked at it yet and it was easily separate from his other cards then I think it should have been rectified.

I couldn't find any rulings in the WSOP rules about this situation, but if there is one that I missed then they should obviously follow the published rules.
  • DataMn wrote: »
    OK, time to get caught up here...

Running tournaments, Mathematics, Database Analysis.

At least I consider that my genius. In some ways I have always thought that a person's genius should be determined by others.

Thx. what is database analysis from a genius perspective?